Stone Age Pots Planted?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sitting here thinking about making pots again, I wonder if anyone who has bought a Stone Age pot from me has a picture of one planted. If you do I would love to see it. IMG_4689.JPGA collected cow munched privet as planted about a year ago.Training starts soon.
IMG_4692.JPGLithodora companion planted about a year ago.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Sitting here thinking about making pots again, I wonder if anyone who has bought a Stone Age pot from me has a picture of one planted. If you do I would love to see it. View attachment 423501A collected cow munched privet as planted about a year ago.Training starts soon.
View attachment 423503Lithodora companion planted about a year ago.
I dont have one of your pots yet…. But hoping to soon. Keep that shoulder on the up and up 😉

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I had a few specimens in mind for my Stone Age pot... I LIKE the ChokeCherry for it.. but Is at least 2 years away from being pot ready..and realistically too "dark" upon examination.

I ALMOST planted a Thuja.. actually my first tree ever collected, in it, the combination paired nicely. Yet again... just wasn't QUIIITE pot-ready.

I just discovered, this morning, that my Dwarf Yuapon Holly is ready for a repot.. and utilizes a partially exposed, grotesque rootbase.. which is "ready" for business.

I will have a picture for this thread in a day or so!

🤓🤓

Maybe sooner. ;)

Flowerhouse

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
waiting on a tree worthy of it.
years away from being pot ready
Fortune favors the bold?
This is the first Stone Age pot I bought. I stuck a bunch of Tiger Bark Ficus cuttings in it last summer. 100% strike rate, so that's a big plus. The shape allows a nice round saucer under it so I have good escape roots. Bonsai pot ready? Oh, heck no. But I like looking at it. Beautiful with the brilliant green foliage.

Penumbra planted.jpg

It is spring on the calendar here, but weather-wise it's still winter. We have a chance of snow every day for the next two weeks. All of my outdoor trees are still locked in frost on the north side of my house. I have more Stone Age Fossil pots to plant, but it isn't planting time here.

Last edited:

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just to say I love these pots and hope to buy one soon. I like 3 feet as they never wobble when placed on stone around my pond. Pic below not your pot but to show my garden/display area is not the typical bench.1648050220101.jpeg

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Upon examination.. the Ilex has had a pretty rough winter.. AND, in actuality, paired poorly with the pot. So I will wait on repotting that tree, in general.

But I found it.. the perfect one..

Will repot today.

;)

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Forsythia!!!! I repotted before flowering... I'm not worried.

But WILL
wait to prune... so it's... weird-lookin' right now..

I believe the bark and flowers will look DELECTABLE against the dark, deep age of the pot.

166BA46E-B961-499D-B428-5D1AEF0AA914.jpeg7C18A1C4-4547-4487-B040-2D5002677173.jpeg1C7ED470-C21B-41B2-97F5-8DACDB199EB1.jpeg455A3BFB-3E56-4D3C-9561-A4678D053603.jpeg

HardBall

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have a really nice pot from you! Unfortunately my pot pairings didn't work out for it this year. Hopefully next year...the bowl shape should allow me to accommodate some difficult roots and a drastic angle change on my Norway spruce.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a really nice pot from you! Unfortunately my pot pairings didn't work out for it this year. Hopefully next year...the bowl shape should allow me to accommodate some difficult roots and a drastic angle change on my Norway spruce.
they also look great with temporary annual or houseplants
make great moss gardens too

Top Bottom