Stoned...

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
...in a crude tangent of immaculate. ;)

I thought, for (mostly) my own sanity, I would start another thread documenting my work with Stoneware... from the beginning.. much like my low-fire thread.

After some work... I have my FIRST EVER STONEWARE “LOAD”.. ready for the heat.

319BF5D6-2F3D-4C6E-AC9C-48A31A03379A.jpegBE8F261F-CE98-428B-A8F7-44250E1E0C43.jpeg

I feel like I need to take a moment and express my tremendous gratitude and unending thankfulness to our good friend, @sorce (who essentially made my current progress possible) ... who not ONLY gifted me a “Real Kiln”, and gave me a large box of stonewares to begin my high-fire journey, but also “instructed” my growth while fostering my creative side and “lean” toward unconventional “things”.

Thank you, friend. You are my clay mentor.. and it is greatly appreciated..

Sorry.. I’ll stop before it gets “gushy”

🤓

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
That square on the left has a lot of promise! I'm looking forward to how that one turns out :D

Thank you!!!!!

That square is ACTUALLY the one i glazed too quick and cracks happened.. just through the glaze(And “overslip”) layers on the “union points” on my outer wall joints, not through the corners/walls.

It’d be cool... if I MEANT to do that!

🤣🤣🤣

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Isn't the mystery of ceramics the "you see what comes out in the end" element? Fingers crossed for all-success load!
It IS!! But I like... control... at least in THIS field. 🤓 Buuut gotta test the parameters to find out HOW to “control” properly.. so you ARE correct.

Thank you for your kindness!

🤓

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
In the middle…Is that a tiny lil’ kiln you’re about to put in the kiln? Kilnception?

HAHAHA!!! It is not..

But i DID sketch out plans for a tiny kiln.. that would use a tea candle (or similar) as the heating element... lil’ ware chamber for rings and beads.
🤣🤣

HoneyHornet

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Excellent everything looks great love the little huts and creative approach I was actually wanting to start making little Bonsai figurines sometime soon with sculptable epoxy

I used to make handmade fishing lures and I have worked my hand at various art forms and kind of fell out of Swing just from life and being busy I recently realize that may be a fun way for me to exercise my creative hand again and this only inspires me to go ahead and order that material LOL I have some resin ideas up my sleeve I'll be sure to post when I have some stuff togeth
Definitely keep on making things

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I step away for a bit, come back, and everyone has gone pro!
Looks like you are on an excellent adventure.
I might have a little buzz on, but I was just thinking you could make mini stoneware Lincoln Log type assortments and sell them as a kit for people to build their own penjing structures. I would also like a series of fence posts with some broken slats, maybe a gate…

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I step away for a bit, come back, and everyone has gone pro!
Looks like you are on an excellent adventure.
I might have a little buzz on, but I was just thinking you could make mini stoneware Lincoln Log type assortments and sell them as a kit for people to build their own penjing structures. I would also like a series of fence posts with some broken slats, maybe a gate…
I’ve been SKETCHIN’ fences and gates!!!

🤓

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Excellent everything looks great love the little huts and creative approach I was actually wanting to start making little Bonsai figurines sometime soon with sculptable epoxy

I used to make handmade fishing lures and I have worked my hand at various art forms and kind of fell out of Swing just from life and being busy I recently realize that may be a fun way for me to exercise my creative hand again and this only inspires me to go ahead and order that material LOL I have some resin ideas up my sleeve I'll be sure to post when I have some stuff togeth
Definitely keep on making things
I can’t wait!

Thank you for the compliments!

🤓

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Dude.....the Triangle Pot!!!
Whaaaaaat!!!
Its outrageously cool.
Thank you!!!!

I’ve been experimenting(Sketches) with different triangles, as well.. it’s a tricky “tightrope act” to get a decent shape that “presents” it’s angles well, while still providing realistic hypothetical planting space.. there WILL be more!

Thank you, again!!

🤓

Top Bottom