Stoneware Pot Giveaway

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
@Pitoon it's a unique pot, may need some time to think on it, but my knee jerk is either a semi cascade (which I don't own yet) or some kind of super delicate literati (all my literati are to bulky). The fact that it's a unique pot from an American potter sort of makes me feel like the tree should be a unique plant from an American source. Maybe I try a bald cypress one last time, in "tall tree" style? I think I may have finally figured out what I did to encourage mites on them, in the past. I don't know if you can tell but I like to take my time making decisions for my trees haha. A lot of times better ideas hit me months later or material I didn't plan on, winds up on my bench. Wu wei ya know?

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Well friends, my wife pulled the winning Chad tonight at about 7:30. Here is the drawing. Yes, those are her hands, she is a professional gardener, horticulturist and arborist.
View attachment 371634View attachment 371636
View attachment 371637View attachment 371638
Congratulations PA_Penjing. You won in spite of your wise ass request. (everyone should read this) Who would have thunk!
I want to thank all 73 people who participated. I truly wish it was within my means to send a pot to every one of you. I probably wouldn't live long enough. It was fun, lets do it again sometime.
Well Mr Penjing, PM me you address and I will ship your pot to you on Monday.
Awesome, congrats PA Penjing - and again thank you Penumbra for doing this.

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
If you don't win...send me your address!

I'll send you your first bonsai pot!

Sorce
@sorce ... So... I realized that I'm a dirty liar. I have a succulent pot that I changed into a bonsai pot. I guess my mind wasn't considering it a true bonsai pot for some reason. As soon as I realized that, I felt extra crappy about your offer. Just know that when I'm ready for a new pot, it's going to be a Sorce pot!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just know that when I'm ready for a new pot, it's going to be a Sorce pot!

Just know that if I have any inclination @Wulfskaar , not Maluvi Hapner from St. Frederica zone 3B...lol placed the order, you will get another nother anyway!

Thank for Participating!

Sorce

Millard B.

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I really like your work, it is similar to what I produce. Your generosity says a lot about your character and personal values. I am a totally self-taught potter having read every ceramics book in our Library System and other systems thru I.L.L.s. I am being tutored by a Master Potter who just retired from teaching Ceramics at the University of Miami to "unlearn" my bad throwing habits, can now center and throw 25Lbs plus! My I respectfully submit to you to change your pot feet pattern (90 degrees)from four feet to three feet (120 degrees), as a pot with four feet can "rock" , whereas a three footed pot is physically impossible to rock.My girlfriend and I plan on driving from WPB to near Syracuse late this summer, driving past Front Royal, would like to meet you and compare notes- we all can learn from each other.
I'm putting 5 dozen pots in the kiln this afternoon in anticipation of being a vendor at the Florida State Bonsai Convention in Orlando the TH, FR, and SA of Memorial Holiday.Gotta stop throwing by next weekend to give the pots enough time to slow dry.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I really like your work, it is similar to what I produce. Your generosity says a lot about your character and personal values. I am a totally self-taught potter having read every ceramics book in our Library System and other systems thru I.L.L.s. I am being tutored by a Master Potter who just retired from teaching Ceramics at the University of Miami to "unlearn" my bad throwing habits, can now center and throw 25Lbs plus! My I respectfully submit to you to change your pot feet pattern (90 degrees)from four feet to three feet (120 degrees), as a pot with four feet can "rock" , whereas a three footed pot is physically impossible to rock.My girlfriend and I plan on driving from WPB to near Syracuse late this summer, driving past Front Royal, would like to meet you and compare notes- we all can learn from each other.
I'm putting 5 dozen pots in the kiln this afternoon in anticipation of being a vendor at the Florida State Bonsai Convention in Orlando the TH, FR, and SA of Memorial Holiday.Gotta stop throwing by next weekend to give the pots enough time to slow dry.
I would love to see your work if you have time to post it. Thanks for the kind words. I too am self taught although I did take a few classes years back mainly to have access to the materials. I really wish I had the time to study with a master. I struggle to center 8 pounds, yet I have seen a few people who could center 50 pounds. There is a lot of talent in the potters world. I just frankly don't have the time or the patience to do much more than dabble. I have heard and experienced the argument about 3 vs 4 feet and the rocking. I can assure you that my pots with their low center of gravity, do not rock. On the other hand, any pot regardless of the number of feet, can be tipped even if it doesn't rock. The ideal number of feet would be five, but I am not going there unless it suites the style. By all means if you are passing through give me a call. Can't say that I will be available because of all of my family obligations, but I could be. Five dozen pots is a lot. Once I had a firing of 63 pieces but at my present rate it would take a month, or actually more than a month, to fill my kiln. I feel fortunate if I can make a dozen pieces in a month.
I hope you have a smash up time (but not literally) at the Bonsai convention. I doubt that I will ever do such a show. I sold eclectic and ethnic antiques for years which resulted in several antique malls, a brick and mortar store, an online store and 14 shows a year. Not ever going to bury myself that deeply again. I don't have the energy and I probably don't have the time.
Enjoyed your posting......

Top Bottom