Stop Motion Animation of Styling

eplov90

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I'm not sure who this Bonsai artist as he seems to have popped up on Youtube pretty recently but the few videos he has put out have been of really high production quality.

There is a new one today with a stop motion animation of the branch styling for this Japanese Larch. I've never seen that kind of representation and its really cool and useful!

Anyone else have examples like this?

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Indeed.. not seen him before. I was going to say thats a common Kaizen bonsai training pot, then he showed the website, so its likely he is in the UK.
What I am amazed at, is that he only has 3 videos but over 200k subscribers and his 2 older vids have millions of fews.... I don't understand how that's possible, with nefarious methods.
Perhaps he was popular and had a load of videos, and has deleted them. Id like to know, just out of curiosity.

In comparison, Mirai (you know Mirai, right? One of the most popular names and professionals in the business), has 53k subs. Compared to this individuals, 3 videos and 220k subs.

I don't get it lol. Very lovely videos, great production values, images used for bonsai are clearly very well made and high quality. So, congrats to him. Just would love to know how he gained such popularity.

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Indeed.. not seen him before. I was going to say thats a common Kaizen bonsai training pot, then he showed the website, so its likely he is in the UK.
What I am amazed at, is that he only has 3 videos but over 200k subscribers and his 2 older vids have millions of fews.... I don't understand how that's possible, with nefarious methods.
Perhaps he was popular and had a load of videos, and has deleted them. Id like to know, just out of curiosity.

In comparison, Mirai (you know Mirai, right? One of the most popular names and professionals in the business), has 53k subs. Compared to this individuals, 3 videos and 220k subs.

I don't get it lol. Very lovely videos, great production values, images used for bonsai are clearly very well made and high quality. So, congrats to him. Just would love to know how he gained such popularity.
All 8 million views are from those 3 videos. The math adds up.

They simply have more viral appeal and much higher production quality than Mirai, whose content is tailored for a very small slice of the viewership.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B

They simply have more viral appeal and much higher production quality than Mirai, whose content is tailored for a very small slice of the viewership.
Yeah with the over produced trap music lol.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

No, I know it all adds up but... from what I am lead to believe, you simply do not get that much of a following and that many views, especially on Bonsai, just cos you are good at production. Unfortunately people are not valued that highly.. it takes many years of 100s of videos to build that up. I could be wrong.

Although, if you simply type Bonsai, his videos show at the top next to the professionals. So its like the search engine has been tailored to promote his videos, which is certainly a big boast.

1634054872291.png

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
No, I know it all adds up but... from what I am lead to believe, you simply do not get that much of a following and that many views, especially on Bonsai, just cos you are good at production. Unfortunately people are not valued that highly.. it takes many years of 100s of videos to build that up. I could be wrong.

Although, if you simply type Bonsai, his videos show at the top next to the professionals. So its like the search engine has been tailored to promote his videos, which is certainly a big boast.

View attachment 402620
Would be interesting to see engagement stats. YouTube of course promotes videos that people will watch for longer without going elsewhere. And I personally can't click away! Meanwhile, the average bonsai styling guide is quite tedious and easy to click away from. So I don't sense anything that's obviously suspicious.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Would be interesting to see engagement stats. YouTube of course promotes videos that people will watch for longer without going elsewhere. And I personally can't click away! Meanwhile, the average bonsai styling guide is quite tedious and easy to click away from. So I don't sense anything that's obviously suspicious.
Marshmello style beats +no instructional dialogue+ frames that only last 20 seconds maximum = higher viewership in our short attention span , quick endorphin, quick result society.

ZombieNick

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a

This is exactly it. His videos have a much larger appeal to people who are not into bonsai. Such a person can be engaged enough to sit through the whole video just from the "awe" aspect. Not a lot of people are going to sit through a Ryan Neil lecture, especially if they aren't into the hobby.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Even If you look at Mauro’s latest videos they’re starting to become WAY over produced … Italian eurobeat with slow motion frames while he cuts the elongating growth on a taxus .. so cheesy. Lmao but his trees should just speak to themselves and clearly are masterpieces …but maybe content creators have to sell a bit of their soul?

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I posted about him a while back and love his work. Must have spent an incredible amount of time on these.
First time I ever purposely bought something from an ad on his video as a way to pay it back.
I don't spend much time on you tube but this is a couple levels above anything I've watched before regarding bonsai. (or anything else for that matter)

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Maybe you guys are right. And I dont suspect anything suspicious or accuse it. Just all seems a bit too easy... What you say makes sense but I dont think these things work so simply.

Im only looking in to this, to put off painting the room I am standing in so don't mind me but ....

Its odd that he gained 50k + subs at this date:
1634056360404.png

Given that his 2 big videos happened in January and May.. but there are 2 obvious impacts to the curve, which must be his videos. Hmm. Wow, clearly 2 very good videos

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Maybe you guys are right. And I dont suspect anything suspicious or accuse it. Just all seems a bit too easy... What you say makes sense but I dont think these things work so simply.

Im only looking in to this, to put off painting the room I am standing in so don't mind me but ....

Its odd that he gained 50k + subs at this date:
View attachment 402622

Given that his 2 big videos happened in January and May.. but there are 2 obvious impacts to the curve, which must be his videos. Hmm. Wow, clearly 2 very good videos
Maybe in addition to bonsai and video production he's also an expert in unleashing bot armies.

Talented fellow!

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Maybe we had a share in it. This post got me started from late Feb.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Easy to happen. It has high entertainment and it’s produced for lots of people to enjoy, regardless if they’re in the hobby or not. And it’s cool for people to see how bonsai is done, without being lectured about how it’s done. Think about it, a hobby you’re not in to, would you rather see an entertaining video about the jist of the hobby, or watch dry, informational videos?

Bonsai people will watch a 2 hr Mirai video or a 15 min vid of pruning or wiring

As for the views, I have a channel for another hobby. 300 subscribers. One video went viral and has 167k views. It’s all about the all mighty algorithm

eplov90

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I think his first video went viral and lot's of regular people have followed him as the production is just visually pleasing and he makes detailed bonsai techniques very easy to follow.

If you look at the comment section, it's clear he has tapped into a different audience base, almost like people watching ASMR videos.

The work he does on the trees is also very approachable on cheap material, making it look pretty good.

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Easy to happen. It has high entertainment and it’s produced for lots of people to enjoy, regardless if they’re in the hobby or not. And it’s cool for people to see how bonsai is done, without being lectured about how it’s done. Think about it, a hobby you’re not in to, would you rather see an entertaining video about the jist of the hobby, or watch dry, informational videos?

Bonsai people will watch a 2 hr Mirai video or a 15 min vid of pruning or wiring

As for the views, I have a channel for another hobby. 300 subscribers. One video went viral and has 167k views. It’s all about the all mighty algorithm
Always nice to hear when someone's only fans takes off.

Top Bottom