Stumpy Naked

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
Great pic and a great tree! The detail of the bark is yummy - it looks like an exotic golden brown flakey pastry, and the tightness of the branches and internodes is wonderful.

Am curious about how that black infinity effect is achieved if you feel like sharing. Typically the only way we have of sharing a tree or other object we like with many people is on the web, and then we are limited by our ability to photograph it well.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great pic and a great tree! The detail of the bark is yummy - it looks like an exotic golden brown flakey pastry, and the tightness of the branches and internodes is wonderful.

Am curious about how that black infinity effect is achieved if you feel like sharing. Typically the only way we have of sharing a tree or other object we like with many people is on the web, and then we are limited by our ability to photograph it well.
Now you just keep your appetite down there.

The backgrounds are enhanced by Photoshop.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man....I wish I could keep larch. This is an exceptional as a shohin.

Reaction score
You can easily control the background with an external strobe and a few light modifiers. It's easy if you know how to. There's a nice online tutorial. Google for the strobist

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you all for your praises. I'd like to say that this tree would not be where it is today without the help and guidance of my, friend, my mentor and my teacher, Bill Valavanis.

Top Bottom