I ask you to help me style this tree
Thanks

445738442_147326.jpg

Ben2133

Seedling
Reaction score
Thx for answare
If you can guide me in style
And what is the better soil composition?

Grow it fat chop it low, welcome to the forum! (also get it into better soil, it looks muddy).

Last edited:

Ben2133

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can you help me for the form of this tree?

KiwiPlantGuy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hi Guys

Can you help me for the form of this tree?

Hi Ben,
There are plenty of great info on this website about bonsai soil. Please read everything and absorb what you need to understand the art and Horticultural needs for Bonsai.
I am only a newbie, but what I have done is listen to the masters here and learn what I need to, to improve my design skills.
As for your tree in above photo, um, you have NO low branches to build from, no trunk taper to form a believable tree.
If you don’t like this advice from me and @Cypress187, then use the search function regarding your tree species, and/or find the trunkline and first branch with what you have you most like (photo), and grow this to 2-3 feet, and make a big bonsai.
Charles

Ben2133

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi Ben,
There are plenty of great info on this website about bonsai soil. Please read everything and absorb what you need to understand the art and Horticultural needs for Bonsai.
I am only a newbie, but what I have done is listen to the masters here and learn what I need to, to improve my design skills.
As for your tree in above photo, um, you have NO low branches to build from, no trunk taper to form a believable tree.
If you don’t like this advice from me and @Cypress187, then use the search function regarding your tree species, and/or find the trunkline and first branch with what you have you most like (photo), and grow this to 2-3 feet, and make a big bonsai.
Charles

Thx bro

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks like this plant may have given up growing attempts any lower..

With the odd, but interesting bit of reverse taper around that deadwood...I dont think a lower canopy will make a much better tree than what you have...

I'd cut all 3 branches back to the first bit of life and see what happens....

Start wiring new growth down...

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Is it a graft? Kinda looks like that, but I've never seen a grafted crape myrtle before.

Ben2133

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi guys

Due to hot air??

428925773_218215.jpg446731612_49416.jpg

Last edited:

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hot air? Crapes love the heat. Looks like you may have a fungus (based on the leaves) and some really terrible soil.

Ben2133

Seedling
Reaction score
Hot air? Crapes love the heat. Looks like you may have a fungus (based on the leaves) and some really terrible soil.

Thx bro
But it is not suitable for soil replacement at the moment

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You can repot Crapes now. They love summer and root like crazy.

I do all my crapes in the summer now Zach. Like you say, they root like crazy and don't mind it at all. Also, it takes some pressure off in the spring. Not so many trees to repot.

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I do all my crapes in the summer now Zach. Like you say, they root like crazy and don't mind it at all. Also, it takes some pressure off in the spring. Not so many trees to repot.
Yes! We all tend to become captive to spring repotting of everything, and the fact is you can spread out your repotting (and, I've found, collecting) into other months with no ill effect. This really helps.

Ben2133

Seedling
Reaction score
Because of the warmth, the leaves of the tree poured:(
Very very hot 65-70°
Now it's germinated

But the leaf of buds turns black and burns428923197_238475.jpg

446640065_104962.jpg

Top Bottom