Styling advice needed - Linden.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi Guys,

I was looking at my trees and getting plan for a spring and had a look at my Linden,
It was dig out from the ground about 3 years ago, chopped and left alone in that pot, i styled a bit and i was planing to have it as informal upright sort of tree, so i decided about a main trunk line which you can see in the photos, the flat part from chop will be carved of course and build rest of the branches on that. The tree is very vigorous grows fast, huge leafs etc.
Im happy with the trunk size, the tree will be repotted in spring and i was planning to plant it at the angle.
However i had another look today and all the ranches that grew last year has a nice potential for a broom style. This would be more natural style for Linden i guess,
What do you think ?

BTW sorry for background, i had to grab something quickly....:)
SAM_8800.JPGSAM_8801.JPGSAM_8802.JPGSAM_8803.JPGSAM_8804.JPG

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This looks a lot like one I almost dug out the ground, I was caring for it for a bit.

I'd only keep these 3, since the top one is already too thick to bother trying to catch up to.
Capture+_2020-12-01-13-56-25.png

And then be diligent with their mass, because you see that highest one is already thickest. The lowest should be thickest.

Nice.

Oh and Ryan talks about how these compartmentalize easily at the shoulders, use that to your advantage.

Sorce

Top Bottom