Styling help for blue bell

tucky

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hi all! long time reader first-time poster. I bought a nice little blue bell yesterday and was hoping to get some styling advice. Basically asking what would YOU do if the tree was in your hands? First pic is how it's potted now, but 2nd and 3rd will be the front whenever I repot it. I'm tempted to chop the big branch where it bifurcates and remove all those branches and foliage that I've circled in the 3rd pic. Wutcha think? how'd you handle this material?

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0090 (1).jpg
    IMG_0090 (1).jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 25

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Paulownia!?!?

Suh-weeeet! Where did you get that, traveller?! The Woody Dwarves are slightly jealous... that’s a specie i don’t see too often, here, in the Tiny Forest.

Greetings, and pleasure to make your acquaintance.

🤓

If you’re a long-time reader I won’t waste time explaining how AWESOME bnut is. 🤣🤣

Buuut you should probably update your profile to reflect a location or climate zone.. that way we know what conditions your plants are living in..

I have NO experience with these trees!! But DAMN if they aren’t really cool!!!

tucky

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Paulownia!?!?

Suh-weeeet! Where did you get that, traveller?! The Woody Dwarves are slightly jealous... that’s a specie i don’t see too often, here, in the Tiny Forest.

Greetings, and pleasure to make your acquaintance.

🤓

If you’re a long-time reader I won’t waste time explaining how AWESOME bnut is. 🤣🤣

Buuut you should probably update your profile to reflect a location or climate zone.. that way we know what conditions your plants are living in..

I have NO experience with these trees!! But DAMN if they aren’t really cool!!!
word! it's all updated now. I've got trees outdoors as well as inside under grow lights, next to an open window when it's not freezing outside.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
That's never pawlonia. Pawlonia has huge leaves. That's the big problem with common names and it can be hard to work out the species just from a couple of poor quality, badly lit long shot photos,

The tree shown is very immature. If you are happy with a little tree in a pot bonsai you can do anything you like as there is so little to really work with in this one so no real features or qualities to work with. As with most trees there is no one right way to go. Whatever you decide to do becomes the right answer and with very young trees like this there will certainly be more options as it grows and develops.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Damn.. desmodium... weirdly enough.. the first PICTURES i looked at were LABELED on the search as “Pawlonia”.. but the picture ITSELF is translucently captioned “Vietnamese Blue Bell”.. which is, of course, Desmodium...

Common name fun!

HAHAHA!

Top Bottom