substrate for all

whomever

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If substrate has suppieor draning to potting soil, than why not use substrate in flour beds and raised gardens instead of potting soil?

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If substrate has suppieor draning to potting soil, than why not use substrate in flour beds and raised gardens instead of potting soil?

In some areas coupled with the right type(s) of plants it could be... Along with proper maintenance and care.

Grimmy

whomever

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yes,but substrate will dry quick and still drain much better in a man Made container not barried on the ground
(I was assuming a gzrdsn being in a man made container with drain holes and but barried in the ground, sorry, thought it was clear with "above vrond garden"

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Who says you can't? My teacher recycles used bonsai soil in a series of raised beds he has. He has grow beds terraced down a little hill, where he fattens up JBP, shimpaku, quince, etc. He even grows tomatoes in the summer!

He sifts the good soil out for use in the grow beds.

He always uses fresh substrate for bonsai.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I challenge you, to cover an eye and on the third day , do EVERUTHING you would do in your typical day.
And I bet you will no take the challenge.
Whatever, whomever. I could be totally blind, but unless I told you, you would have no way of knowing you might be violating my safe space with your micro aggressions. Grow up, learn how to spell(check), and be prepared to take a little ribbing if you expect to receive help in a loosely moderated forum that relies nearly entirely on written communication.

You can apparently read just fine, you might start with reading a little before starting another soil thread.

whomever

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Whatever, whomever. I could be totally blind, but unless I told you, you would have no way of knowing you might be violating my safe space with your micro aggressions. Grow up, learn how to spell(check), and be prepared to take a little ribbing if you expect to receive help in a loosely moderated forum that relies nearly entirely on written communication.

You can apparently read just fine, you might start with reading a little before starting another soil thread.
H. OK . I think you should still do it just for the fun of it o_O

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Didn't you get the new guy acceptance from Sorce?
He says welcome to crazy. Crazy being us.
If I read your reply to Brian correctly you have only one eye?
I happen to have 3.
2 blue and one brown.
The brown one also talks sometimes.

whomever

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Lol, I'm not upset its often hard to get sarcasm across with only text

whomever

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Didn't you get the new guy acceptance from Sorce?
He says welcome to crazy. Crazy being us.
If I read your reply to Brian correctly you have only one eye?
I happen to have 3.
2 blue and one brown.
The brown one also talks sometimes.
Also gotta watch out, that brown one talks a lot of shit too

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Our grow troughs are made like Bonsai soil, with additions of 5 mm inorganic.
Grows everything well, vegetables or Bonsai wannabes.
Good Day
Anthony

* Sheesh Gogeerah has three eyes ------------ my butt !!!!!! :):):):eek: oh my goodness his brown eye is ..................

Top Bottom