Sucullents

Mercator

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
Is their a succulents forum as good as Bonsainut. This forum is an excellent source of information.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Is their a succulents forum as good as Bonsainut. This forum is an excellent source of information.
There are some good FB groups for succulents. If you have FB.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A friend of mine, also a succulent propagator and collector, tells me about the facebook sites but I really resist facebook almost completely.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Appearance is everything in bonsai, so just like every other common bonsai, you need to find something that has a tree-like look. My wife's friend moved to Florida and gave me her Jades that had been in terracotta pots for 20+ years. I have ganged them into a forest.
20190924_161732.jpg20190924_161706.jpg

Last edited:

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Appearance is everything in bonsai, so just like every other common bonsai, you need to find something that has a tree-like look. My wife's friend moved to Florida and gave me her Jades that had been in terracotta pots for 20+ years. I have ganged them into a forest.
I here you, but my love of succulents is a thing apart from my bonsai. I have a couple old bonsai jades but I am not really very excited about the and probably will eventually get rid of them. As nice as your jade planting is and though many jade plantings qualify as bonsai, to me they are all still jade plants first.
About 12 years ago I had a jade with a 6 inch trunk that I kept pruned back to about 30 inches. It was impressive but I got bored with it and gave it away. There are a few plants, like Boswellia neglecta and Operculicarya decaryi , that satisfy all of my cravings for bonsai and succulents and these I view more as bonsai. But most of my succulents are rare euphorbias or unusual haworthia, aloe, etc
Still, you have made a very nice planting of bonsai jade.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Jut a couple more plants I've never heard of. Post'um up!

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
@penumbra
I have a nice Bursera, which I have not posted yet, but most succulents fit into the Tropical Bonsai or the Miscellaneous / Other sub forums here on BNut. I for one would love to see some variety of posts in Tropicals, I get tired of the Ficus heavy bias there.

Show us your Boswellia, and I'll show my Bursera. 😉

Top Bottom