Suggestions for BNut

Owen Reich

Shohin
Reaction score
It would be great if there was a beginner primer of some good threads that explain basic bonsai practices. That way they could be directed to the content already. Even a list of threads or links to basic stuff would be nice.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I like your thoughts, Owen. Within that it would be great if we could search by zone or location (or just in general with two keystrokes.

Presently the search function does not recognize state abbreviations or my zone (“7a”) for example. Region is so important, especially for those new to bonsai -it took me a spell to figure out what is good for those in say, Southern California, is not always best in the S.E. ...some form of this consideration in a beginner prime could be very helpful, along with the means to search folks/threads in your region/zone/state/country etc with more direct ease.

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I also think it would be cool if we had a section under out "profile" where we could post pictures of our plants. So when you are saying hello or checking out other members, you could see what they're working with.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I also think it would be cool if we had a section under out "profile" where we could post pictures of our plants. So when you are saying hello or checking out other members, you could see what they're working with.

There is....Media and/or Albums.....

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
From another thread.. discussing how to see which people are most appreciated..

Is it an idea to implement a ratio between posts and responses/thumbsup?

Of course these things help. What I think might be real good one is a list for members with say, over 500 posts, the ratio between posts and responses. Lots of posts - lots of responses?

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I'd also like a way to save threads in a similar way to how I can save posts on Instagram to organize and view later. I know I can subscribe, but the way that works is different. If possible, otherwise I'm 😎👍
^^that. I've found myself wanting to see a specific thread without having to hunt through either pages and pages of threads or my profile to try to track it down through the history. Basically.....Each comment in a thread has a bookmark you can use, so the overall thread should too.

Top Bottom