Suggestions for Potting LARGE Ginkgo

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Greetings! I have a vision to pot a fairly large ginkgo in a similarly large pot. It's currently seven feet from trunk base to top but I'll be wiring/bending it into a moderate curving S-shape. Could anyone share suggestions on the style of pot that would best complement this vision? I wasn't able to locate any similar examples so I'm hoping someone might have experience they could share. Any additional advice, warnings, predictions, fears, phobias or fetishes also welcome. TIA!IMG_2413.jpeg

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I can’t give advice. Looks large enough to develop something nice with that thick base. And it’s already in a pot! Good luck. I’d love to do a large forest with ginkgo. Hopefully someday! 👍

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Appreciate the support, @RKMcGinnis... I'm learning that they are easy to grow but pretty fickle when it comes to styling. I guess cuttings strike very well so they might make an interesting forest in that regard. In this instance, I'm mainly looking for pot/planter style suggestions.

Pixar

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Funny how the gingko ended up being a single trunk . My one a wide multiple trunk maybe because it has been trimmed every year

Top Bottom