SUISEKI #5

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
My newest suiseki. A wonderful all natural stone from Italy. The bottom was not cut either. Notice the waterfall to the left. I value those stones that are highly realistic representing rocky outcrops or mountain ranges. It is remarkable that some of these collected stones can have such fine detail almost in perfect scale to the real thing!

Here is one photo of the suiseki comparing it with a coastal rocky outcrop in Kornati National Park, Croatia.

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love the Ligurian stone ! That one is beautiful and very unusual to have that size and shape. I have a few myself. I would really like to travel to the area and dig one up with one of the Italian masters. It must have cost a pretty penny. How long is it ?

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I love the Ligurian stone ! That one is beautiful and very unusual to have that size and shape. I have a few myself. I would really like to travel to the area and dig one up with one of the Italian masters. It must have cost a pretty penny. How long is it ?

Dave is not big. It's around 7". I will know better once it gets shipped to me. This is not a Ligurian stone although similar. It is from the Tuscany region. I think the Ligurian ones are the best!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Just going to say... for the record... love the new avatar!!

LOL... I think I got a little tired of hiding behind the M5 logo! :D

Looks nothing like speed racer....

The suiseki is amazing. Rocks here seem so round with no interestimg features what so ever.

Good thing! I hope I never look like a car! :p

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Wasn't speed racer the kid? and m5 the car? in spanish he was called meteoro

Yes the MACH5 is the actual car. It was the first thing that I could draw as a kid extremely well and how I found out I had an ability to draw. I could draw the damn thing in my sleep!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I got through a lot of nights in the Army discussing Speed Racer trivia. Most people knew Racer X, but I think they only revealed Rex Racer in a single episode(?) So many years ago now...

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I got through a lot of nights in the Army discussing Speed Racer trivia. Most people knew Racer X, but I think they only revealed Rex Racer in a single episode(?) So many years ago now...

I was entranced by the show. The car was magical to me and awesome design to boot! Looking at it now very crude animation but very effective! Classic Japanese anime style show! In Japan they called I think Mach Go Go Go?

And now my favorite number is well... FIVE!

Top Bottom