Summer Bonsai Academy

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great day at our bonsai show! We had about 25 parents and community members at the show. A lot of questions asked. Very supportive of our efforts. Also can check off another Bonsai Nut poster who I have met in person! Glad to meet @Arizona bonsai this morning at our show. Turns out we live right down the street from each other!
34071.jpeg
Other folks at the show.
34089.jpeg34087.jpeg

We had a great time! I thought the kids enjoyed it and learned a bit about bonsai. If you are thinking about doing something like this jump in and do it I believe you will find it rewarding. I know I did.

andrewiles

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very inspiring! How did they take it when you said "Now wait 5 years for the trunk to thicken"? :p

Also, while I have fond memories of growing up in Gilbert, I do not miss the heat. 118 F is not appropriate.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Great job, looks awesome. I think it hit 100 degrees here today and the humidity was oppressive.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is all very cool and inspiring Randy. A truly great thing you’ve put together and done from your passion alone. Kudos to your efforts. I’m certain at least 1 of those kids will be talking with someone when they are in there 20s about how they got started in Bonsai and they will reference this academy.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
@AZbonsai most kindly sent me two of the pots he and his daughters made for this event, with the instructions to pass one on to a friend. I surely will share his kind generosity. The pots are really made and the glazes turned out so well for such small pots. Thank you so much for the pot and holding a great event for the kids and the community. AZ pots..jpg

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm not sure how I missed this thread at the start (probably busy with my own end of school year stuff) but this is FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom