Sumo Olive all dressed up for a party!

Micci

Yamadori
Reaction score
Wow! Beautiful trunk! Love that moss too!

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
The one time fat is a compliment! Looks good

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Can’t wait to see this one up close. It’ll be a first for me to see an olive this big... same thing for the antique pot!
This one is not that big. It’s only about 10 inches tall.

Maybe you were thinking about this one:

EA7CBFC6-0DCF-4B71-9561-4ABE8463ED62.jpeg

Here is the one that’s going to the show. Photo
taken as I was potting it:

EDE6C477-E817-477A-B8CB-34D3CAF1F8D0.jpeg

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
The photo's analysis doesn't permit a clear view... at least on my screen
The second one is really an impressive tree.
I have the same question like @Anthony has regarding empty spaces though.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Really diggin’ the moss too.Where do you cultivate it and where did you get the first piece?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@Adair M ... A warning please. Had to pick my jaw up off the ground. Those beastly bonsai just leave me speechless. How many does it take to repot something like that? Solo one would think a person would damage it trying.

Nice sumo too...

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Adair M ... A warning please. Had to pick my jaw up off the ground. Those beastly bonsai just leave me speechless. How many does it take to repot something like that? Solo one would think a person would damage it trying.

Nice sumo too...
It took three of us to repot the large olive! To work on the base, we tipped it up so that it was in about the same position as you see me with the smaller tree. And then held it in that position by using a strap hung from the ceiling.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It took three of us to repot the large olive! To work on the base, we tipped it up so that it was in about the same position as you see me with the smaller tree. And then held it in that position by using a strap hung from the ceiling.
? Beastly tree! This is something that I find intriguing. Manipulating without damaging the canapy structure would be surely a great bunch of team work.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
? Beastly tree! This is something that I find intriguing. Manipulating without damaging the canapy structure would be surely a great bunch of team work.
On most trees you position them so that the trunk is parallel to the ground, and the branches hang down off the work table.

Top Bottom