Sumo shohin satsuki

Mike Page

Mame
Reaction score
I've been working on this satsuki for 8 or so years. The project involved slowly reducing the top and exposing the roots to create a standing-on-roots trunk. The height is about 8 inches including the Dick Ryerson pot.
I don't know what variety it is, but I'll bet there is someone out there is cyberland than does.

Mike

Attachments

• sumosat2009rs.jpg
    sumosat2009rs.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 128

shohin kid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Mike,
Nice tree. I would love to see some more pictures if you have any. Also, can you post a picture of the flower please. That will help with identification.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Mike I am never sorry to check one of your threads, another beauty, thanks.

Mike Page

Mame
Reaction score
Russell Coker on another forum posted this:
"That's shi ryu no homare, purple dragon of honor."

shohin kid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Russell Coker on another forum posted this:
"That's shi ryu no homare, purple dragon of honor."

Could be, still can't tell from your pic. Shiryu-no-Homare, glory of the purple dragon, has purple flowers with narrow pointed spider petals, 5cm-7cm. It has unusual slender twisted foliage.

Glider

Yamadori
Reaction score
Shiryu no homare looks about right to me. The leaves look right too. Mine is about to come into flower so I'll take pics when it's ready in a day or so (close ups of the flowers).

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I've been working on this satsuki for 8 or so years. The project involved slowly reducing the top and exposing the roots to create a standing-on-roots trunk. The height is about 8 inches including the Dick Ryerson pot.
I don't know what variety it is, but I'll bet there is someone out there is cyberland than does.

Mike

Mike thank you so much for posting on this site! I have really been admiring your offerings.

Top Bottom