Sunwyrm's "Azalea 2020-2025" Entry

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
🤣. No worries, if you want to use DE NAPA, just respond to the message attached to the Poll, otherwise please just enter what you decide on the poll.
DSD sends

Harunobu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Are those pale spots on the leaves? Almost looks like lace bug. Especially on the last picture.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hmm... Check check the underside of the leaves for black specks, which would be Lace Bug larvae poop.
See images below of a severe case, top and bottom sides.
Cheers
DSD sends

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 11

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

bunjin

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Spots could also be caused by thrips. Really depends on what pests you have in your area. There is almost always someone at your local nursery who is very good at identifying these types of problems.

Sunwyrm

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ty! I did get lace bugs (or something) last winter, so I'm sure you're all right, I'll have to treat again. I've had a bit of a break from bonsai this summer as I've been working on building a fish pond in my backyard and not so much my trees.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Ty! I did get lace bugs (or something) last winter, so I'm sure you're all right, I'll have to treat again. I've had a bit of a break from bonsai this summer as I've been working on building a fish pond in my backyard and not so much my trees.
So you going to talk about a fish pond and not provide any pics?

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Spring is here and your azalea could be blooming (depending on your location) or starting to leaf out with this season’s flush……it’s time for updates!

I would also like to add at this time we have 3 prizes to award. Many thanks to @Forsoothe! and @Deep Sea Diver for donating. I am also donating a prize as well.

If you are no longer interested in continuing in the Azalea Contest, please let me know so we can close your thread, thanks.

Sunwyrm

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Spring is here and your azalea could be blooming (depending on your location) or starting to leaf out with this season’s flush……it’s time for updates!
No blooms yet but updates soon! Gotta work all my other trees first. Only 5 more to repot 😴 spring is tiring

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yeah a couple weeks ago it was really busy for me repotting my maples.

Top Bottom