Super stoked on this incoming dwarf powderpuff

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tropical, flowers like a BRT....had a small one years ago but it didn't like going indoors!!

Great flowers though! This is from a BRT...
DSC01701.JPG

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Tropical, flowers like a BRT....had a small one years ago but it didn't like going indoors!!

Great flowers though! This is from a BRT...
DSC01701.JPG
You had a powderpuff...or BRT? For I've heard these do well indoors. I've seen one's have significant dieback on BRT bringing indoors.

Blooms on mine...
received_1119023088443762.jpeg

Looks like she found the right person to gift it to, Neagari Gal.
Is a cool looking cat too.
I'm not familiar with the species of plant.

She's thinned her collection before. The roots were exactly why she reached out to me. The title doesn't lie.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Just a small Powderpuff. Thermostat set at 65 degrees, lot colder where I kept it.

Never any issues with BRT outside of expected leaf drop.
Okay, yes...my tropical room is warmer . A spot in the grow cart for winter. I'm not sure why I see dieback in one's BRT but I have to the point I don't want that disappointment. This one is well established coming to me. So should be okay. Of course I see me doing the two step with this one. Since its not been wintered indoors as of yet .

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I might have to send you this pot finally, and this stethoscope! When do you leave? June?

Wicked Awesome tree!

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I might have to send you this pot finally, and this stethoscope! When do you leave? June?

Wicked Awesome tree!

Sorce
Thank you...Yeah, I've admired this tree since the day she purchased it. A nursery hunt of all things! A purchase under $20...believe it or not. Of course pruned and stuck into a bonsai pot a few years back. Very nice tree for sure.

We won't be going in. Our government pulled missionaries with the Covid thing going on. I know some who chose to stay back. Steve is actually going in with a small team today to take provisions of food to a village where Covid was tested and proved positive. Scary times...for sure. Forgot about the stethoscope until you just mentioned it. Spoke to Grannie Annie and she said her granddaughter was pulled from the school where she teaches. They/Our government contacted her and told her they would pick her up the next day. She left...She lives in the capital city where its harder to do social distancing... Not sure of the pot you mention either...man does that mean I'm getting old? Anyways...stay safe my friend.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
BRT are easy indoor winter plants, not sure why you had problems with yours. It was always the biggest grower inside I had. Cute flowers!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
BRT are easy indoor winter plants, not sure why you had problems with yours. It was always the biggest grower inside I had. Cute flowers!
I never had one...Just seen a few on the group on facebook...have severe dieback. One lost an entire tree. It suckered and he developed that. Many lost great sections of the canopy. To the point...I decided...Not worth my time. One had tropicals...and they fared well for him. So that made me pause. I will just admire the ones others share.

IABonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
SO’s family has them growing all over around their home in Vietnam. Probably not the same variation though but they all look similar

Attachments

• 9044384C-9F8A-47F0-ACCB-791CE2DC65FB.jpeg
    9044384C-9F8A-47F0-ACCB-791CE2DC65FB.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 12

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
SO’s family has them growing all over around their home in Vietnam. Probably not the same variation though but they all look similar
Nice! I know mine is a dwarf. Foliage when in full sun stays smaller. But yes...I bet you could bonsai some of that if you want to! I'm smitten by the berry like flower buds. Buy the blooms are charming as well as you very well know.

IABonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice! I know mine is a dwarf. Foliage when in full sun stays smaller. But yes...I bet you could bonsai some of that if you want to! I'm smitten by the berry like flower buds. Buy the blooms are charming as well as you very well know.

I have some growing from seeds brought back but it's for the other half's garden not my bonsai lol

Soulsyphon

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It's beautiful. I have a small one that I aquired over the winter. It's been pushing new growth all spring indoors. It's finally to the point that I might put it out for the summer. Enjoy.

Top Bottom