Superfly's Bonsa & Brisket

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just curious if anyone here plans to attend Superfly's Bonsai & Brisket event this Saturday.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Newp.
Didnt even know about it and honestly traveling right now anywhere outside of my state.....newp

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I got an email about it, but a little too far for me.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well since some of my very favorite people will not be there, I guess I won't either. It was a bit dicey with my schedule right now anyway. The great migration of the tropicals has started here and even though I said no more lights, I was deluded.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
The great migration of the tropicals has started here
I hate to even think about it. :( Hopefully I'll have a few more weeks, I need another set of lights and some more Bootstrap Farmer trays. Obviously, I have reduced my collection. 😇

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@penumbra
How many tropicals do you have? 🤔

My tropicals stay outside until October 15.
I also only have 8 of them so the migration is over in 30 minutes.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@penumbra
How many tropicals do you have? 🤔

My tropicals stay outside until October 15.
I also only have 8 of them so the migration is over in 30 minutes.
That is hard to say. I guess I have about 15 in the equivalent of 8 - 10 inch pots About 25 in 6 inch pots. And maybe 150 -200 in small bonsai and other pots down to 3 inch pots. Plus about 30 1 and 2 gallon clivia, about a dozen orchids and maybe 40 cactus.
Different plants come in at different times. I am trying to get all my ficus in with nighttime temperatures below 50 but larger plants may stay out down to the low 40s. My clivia all come in later. If it dips into the lower 40s to upper 30s it is fine. They don't grow in the winter so its good to put them under. Most of my true cactus I bring in no later than freezing to slightly above. That is to say, a light frost is of little concern.
I had to ruin and kill a lot of plants before I learned to trust myself, over many decades.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Hit 51* last night...getting another week + now over 50*n. I guess my kumquat and limequat are good for awhile because they're on end of spectrum for citrus. Navel orange. Ficus. Hibiscus. Bougainvillea coming in soon

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Hit 51* last night...getting another week + now over 50*n. I guess my kumquat and limequat are good for awhile because they're on end of spectrum for citrus. Navel orange. Ficus. Hibiscus. Bougainvillea coming in soon
Same here.... I'm gonna stretch it out as long as I can this year, with my trops.

Top Bottom