Superfly's Bonsa & Brisket

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looking at 48 near Thur and Fri nights. I know its nothing alarming yet and probably won't be for weeks. But I have so many other things going on in my life right now that I have to do what I can do when I can do it.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Looking at 48 near Thur and Fri nights. I know its nothing alarming yet and probably won't be for weeks. But I have so many other things going on in my life right now that I have to do what I can do when I can do it.
Smart. Its like the opposite of better late than never

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Hmm, I'd love to attend ....dunno if I'll be able to right now though...
I'm extra busy these days....new baby in the house.
Brisket , Bonsai and Babies , thank god they didnt advertise for baby back ribs 😉. Congrats still waiting on that baby sitting in a pot picture

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I saw the email too, it will be a game time decision. Depends if I can go to the studio Sunday or if Bob is going.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
That is hard to say. I guess I have about 15 in the equivalent of 8 - 10 inch pots About 25 in 6 inch pots. And maybe 150 -200 in small bonsai and other pots down to 3 inch pots. Plus about 30 1 and 2 gallon clivia, about a dozen orchids and maybe 40 cactus.
Different plants come in at different times. I am trying to get all my ficus in with nighttime temperatures below 50 but larger plants may stay out down to the low 40s. My clivia all come in later. If it dips into the lower 40s to upper 30s it is fine. They don't grow in the winter so its good to put them under. Most of my true cactus I bring in no later than freezing to slightly above. That is to say, a light frost is of little concern.
I had to ruin and kill a lot of plants before I learned to trust myself, over many decades.
I feel much better about myself now. What I thought was an excessive amount, now seems quite reasonable. ;) No wonder you have to start moving them now.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks! Little girl number 2.
That will be all for me, thanks!
Wise man. Once your outnumbered all things are more difficult. I have 3 and everything is impossible when all 3 are together. When it’s two it’s amazing how well they make decisions. Then the third one comes in and just craps all over the plans of the other 2. 😂

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It's been down in the low 60s here the last couple of nights. Right now @1030 pm it's 70 out there

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
One can never have enough plants! 😁
My husband would not agree with you, lol. However, he did make me buy a juniper from a guy in a white van selling bonsai when we were on vacation. And I hate junipers.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
“Made you”

right Carol. Righhhhhttttt.
Seriously, I hate junipers and was politely backing away, and he said "This one looks nice, you should get it". When we were headed back we saw a police car apparently asking the bonsai guy to move along. At least he sold one tree that day.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My husband would not agree with you, lol. However, he did make me buy a juniper from a guy in a white van selling bonsai when we were on vacation. And I hate junipers.
I can see myself doing this for extra cash.
Put them in old mugs and tea tins, push the kitsch, and I won't even have the overhead of pots. 🤔

Oh, and congratulations @just.wing.it!!!!!
They're wrong. Once you have enough of them in the house the only difference you notice is the food budget. 😜

Top Bottom