Suthin's bonsai collcetion sale

suthin

Seed
Reaction score
Hello bonsai friends
As most of you may know, I have been in the process of downsizing my bonsai collection since last year. With the help of family and close friends, good progress have been made. However, through years of accumulation, there are still many trees left more than I can manage. So, this year, I have decided to hold a 2-days sale of my own bonsai collection. The special sales will be held at my nursery in Stoughton, Massachusetts on June 25-26th, 2016. A new website has been c...reated for this event( http://aim0649.wix.com/suthinbonsaisale ). Samples of the sales items (bonsai, pre-bonsai, pots, books, stand, etcs) are listed on the site. I will continue to add new items on a weekly basis until the day of the event. Please note that these prices will not be offer again.

To provide a fair chance for all guests to acquire their desire trees, a random drawing process will be use to determine the order of guest entry to the sales area in an orderly fashion. Registration info and other details are available on the new site. Below are some highlights of the event rules:
1.) There will be no pre-sale, pre-order or hold any of the items prior to event dates.
2.) All items are being sold "As-Is".
3.) Prices are non-negotiable (no best offer please)
4.) Purchased items must be taken by the customer on the same day
5.) There will be NO SHIPPING.
6.) This is a one time event only.
7.) Guest can pre-registration from now until the event dates . To pre-register, simply email your full name, address and phone number to royalbonsai@comcast.net

I hope to see many of you in June. Please feel free to contact me for additional questions.

Please also help me spread the word of the event to your bonsai clubs/associations/members or anyone that you think would be interested. Thank you in advance for your support.

Suthin
http://aim0649.wix.com/suthinbonsaisale

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
True...but to travel with no guarantee of getting to buy is rough. Some of those JBPs are nice and priced to sell, but getting there and then drawing a bad number isn't worth the gamble to me.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yeah I hate the luck of the draw and then derby (10 min rush around to find what you want) aspect of it. I understand why it is done that way though.

I've been looking through the website he had for almost a year and I saw him at the MABS show.

Those trees are well worth the asking price and probably more.

There is a scots pine among others that I'd love to have but I just can't spend that kind of money on a tree at this point. I'd need to take a personal loan out....lol

Some of the shimpaku and the pre-bonsai I could do but I'm sure they will go very fast.

Last edited:

Aeast

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Wish I had about $50,000 in my pocket! Great collection.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
True...but to travel with no guarantee of getting to buy is rough. Some of those JBPs are nice and priced to sell, but getting there and then drawing a bad number isn't worth the gamble to me.
Yep, agreed. But, my guess is you would get the opportunity to buy a great tree. Doug Paul's sale was similar but with numbers limit, yet most seemed pleased with the outcome. One big difference is Suthin's trees are mostly established and refined whereas a lot of Doug's were recent imports that had not handled the transition well. And that's no knock on Doug's trees or his sale, but rather more of a compliment to Suthin's trees (and Suthin, of course).

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Figures......Suthin is right down the interstate, but his prices are in the stratosphere!!
Great material. Not saying it's overpriced, just the local market can't support those prices.

Anyone need a buyer? I work for beer!

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
WOW! Wish I was wealthy (travel costs, transport, the trees themselves). To be a billionaire who could just fly over and select 10-20 of the best trees for my collection...maybe in my next life:cool:.

Love the maples!

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Figures......Suthin is right down the interstate, but his prices are in the stratosphere!!
Great material. Not saying it's overpriced, just the local market can't support those prices.

Anyone need a buyer? I work for beer!

If you're serious, I see a couple pre-bonsai that I would snap up in a second. What kind of beer do you like?

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ha, not for pre-bonsai!:p Honestly, if your not in the first ten people thru, at those prices, there won't be much left.
Lottsa' hoops to jump thru and I ain't no shipper.

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ha, not for pre-bonsai!:p Honestly, if your not in the first ten people thru, at those prices, there won't be much left.
Lottsa' hoops to jump thru and I ain't no shipper.

Yeah, those root over rock tridents and that triple trunk Japanese maple would be coming home with me if I was able.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
There are several trees I'd love to get my paws on, and the pricing seems reasonable. The pre bonsai especially are nice prices.
The risk of a trip for maybe getting something is worth it if you have the time and money. I have neither! ;)

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anyone look at the "other" category? Pretty nice stone lanterns and other stuff for not a lot of $$. If you're looking for one, those aren't bad...

Reactions: Vin

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've never been to his place, but judging from the trees I've seen at his sales tables and the ones he's entered in the National Exhibits...I'm sure it's amazing.

I'd like to grab one of those Chinese quince pre-bonsai. Most of the actual bonsai are more expensive that I feel I'm ready to spend, but even so the prices on many look pretty reasonable for what they are.

Top Bottom