Sweet Revenge!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The following image was posted at AoB's Halloween Gallery.

halloween_2007_heath_revenge0.jpg

'Sweet Revenge' Will Heath (USA)

Sometimes nature fights back ;)

Will

Last edited:
I saw it on KoB and my first thought was "Oh that's interesting a tree that's been felled by a beaver."

I didn't see the skeleton or little axe until I looked at it here trying to figure out what was "the message." Now I get it! It put a smile on my face. Maybe if the photo was taken from just a little higher then the skeleton would show more, but then you lose the effect of nature taking over.

Bill

"I didn't see the skeleton or little axe until I looked at it here trying to figure out what was "the message." Now I get it! It put a smile on my face" Me too Bill.

I was thinking beaver too, now that I see it Cool, nice job Will. Makes you think of the guy climbing that had to cut his hand off, to get off the mountain.

Not bad, I like it.
Good one for the Halloween.

Here is how it could be made even better:

The tree is cut, and it lays on the ground, but....
....it is not broken completely, there is a strip of bark that connects the broken trunk to the roots.
So, the man is dead, but the tree is alive, and it can be made into an interesting raft-style bonsai (with the branches on one side made into little trees).

Not bad, I like it.
Good one for the Halloween.

Here is how it could be made even better:

The tree is cut, and it lays on the ground, but....
....it is not broken completely, there is a strip of bark that connects the broken trunk to the roots.
So, the man is dead, but the tree is alive, and it can be made into an interesting raft-style bonsai (with the branches on one side made into little trees).

Thanks Attila.

I toyed with that idea and actually like it, something to try in the future.

Since I created this, I have revamped it, finer soil, better placement of the ground covering, all under the close supervision of my daughter, who lent me the props. ;)

I'll have to take another picture...

Will

Back
Top Bottom