Sweet Revenge!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The following image was posted at AoB's Halloween Gallery.

halloween_2007_heath_revenge0.jpg

'Sweet Revenge' Will Heath (USA)

Sometimes nature fights back ;)

Will

Last edited:

bneff

Seedling
Reaction score
I saw it on KoB and my first thought was "Oh that's interesting a tree that's been felled by a beaver."

I didn't see the skeleton or little axe until I looked at it here trying to figure out what was "the message." Now I get it! It put a smile on my face. Maybe if the photo was taken from just a little higher then the skeleton would show more, but then you lose the effect of nature taking over.

Bill

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
"I didn't see the skeleton or little axe until I looked at it here trying to figure out what was "the message." Now I get it! It put a smile on my face" Me too Bill.

I was thinking beaver too, now that I see it Cool, nice job Will. Makes you think of the guy climbing that had to cut his hand off, to get off the mountain.

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not bad, I like it.
Good one for the Halloween.

Here is how it could be made even better:

The tree is cut, and it lays on the ground, but....
....it is not broken completely, there is a strip of bark that connects the broken trunk to the roots.
So, the man is dead, but the tree is alive, and it can be made into an interesting raft-style bonsai (with the branches on one side made into little trees).

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not bad, I like it.
Good one for the Halloween.

Here is how it could be made even better:

The tree is cut, and it lays on the ground, but....
....it is not broken completely, there is a strip of bark that connects the broken trunk to the roots.
So, the man is dead, but the tree is alive, and it can be made into an interesting raft-style bonsai (with the branches on one side made into little trees).

Thanks Attila.

I toyed with that idea and actually like it, something to try in the future.

Since I created this, I have revamped it, finer soil, better placement of the ground covering, all under the close supervision of my daughter, who lent me the props. ;)

I'll have to take another picture...

Will

Top Bottom