Tagged Trees for Later

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Went to our property today, got a late start. I was ready at 8am waiting for my Dad to call and say he was awake, he love to go this is his home place as a child but does not like to drive there by himself now at 86. So I am waiting as I know sometime he sleeps in and did not want to wake him. Finally at 11:30 I went to his house thinking I will knock on the door, if no answer I will just go alone, its about 45minute > 1 hour drive. When I got to his house he had been waiting since 8:30 ! So I collected 1 tree as I knew time was short figuring drive back and get it into a pot. Seemed ever where I looked I saw hawthorn today, a lot of them and this is a couple. I don't want to get them yet as I am not confident enough and do not want to kill these, I really like them. I did get one small one and it was almost dark when I got home so it is bagged up in plastic with it's soil. Will get tomorrow afternoon.

IMG_1621.jpgIMG_1619.jpgIMG_1622.jpg

Best I can tell all three are together, I hope to get them as one.

IMG_1625.jpgIMG_1624.jpg

I think this is a Mulberry, I like the bark.

IMG_1627.jpgIMG_1628.jpg

More Hawthorn, appear to be growing together also.

I was a Beautiful Day!
IMG_1623.jpg

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Most of those look like American hornbeam to me, not hawthorn. Still a worthy species to collect though!

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I could be wrong though! Not super familiar with all hawthorn species. And the orange spots on the bark seem different from hornbeam.

Top Bottom