Tall Escambron Styling - Literati? Informal Upright?

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I know this suggestion is unsolicited, so take it for what it's worth. I love your tree, except for that ramrod straight piece of trunk just before the foliage starts. I don't think you can change it, so I'd suggest bringing a branch across in front of that trunk section to visually break it up some.

I was just thinking of buying an escambron myself. Do you know if they readily air layer?

Thanks
I’ve done a full “What I have learned about Escambron” thread. They will definitely air layer well. Also there really isn’t much I can do about the branching/straight piece. Personally, it shows triumph over a rough start in the visuals. It was collected in Puerto Rico and brought to the states about 14 or so years ago.

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I know this suggestion is unsolicited, so take it for what it's worth. I love your tree, except for that ramrod straight piece of trunk just before the foliage starts. I don't think you can change it, so I'd suggest bringing a branch across in front of that trunk section to visually break it up some.

I was just thinking of buying an escambron myself. Do you know if they readily air layer?

Thanks
Also, I’m a imaginatively challenged person. Could you draw out your idea?

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ve done a full “What I have learned about Escambron” thread. They will definitely air layer well. Also there really isn’t much I can do about the branching/straight piece. Personally, it shows triumph over a rough start in the visuals. It was collected in Puerto Rico and brought to the states about 14 or so years ago.

Like I said, unsolicited advice. You're the only one who has to be happy with your tree.

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Also, I’m a imaginatively challenged person. Could you draw out your idea?

Something like this? Take one leader from the lower right branch and bring it across in front? Sorry, not a computer artist here......

Inkedescambron_LI.jpg

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Something like this? Take one leader from the lower right branch and bring it across in front? Sorry, not a computer artist here......

View attachment 426259
Talking to some folks about it now, they agree with you! But I need to figure out if it’s doable with the current branches

Taste

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It needs more cat ;) lovely tree, great to see it in its infancy compared to the recents :)

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It needs more cat ;) lovely tree, great to see it in its infancy compared to the recents :)
Cat got rehomed to my boyfriend’s house 😅 My family is allergic and when it snowed it was an issue. She had an abscess so we couldn’t let her be outside so she stayed in my room and my family’s allergies went nuts. But she’s safe and doing great! She loves being an indoor cat

Top Bottom