Tall Hinoki Literati

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Hmmm...not my first post with this title... Had a little fun rewiring this tree over the weekend...2nd wiring
Chamaecyparis obtusa. Very old nursery stock grown too close together and never potted up from its one gallon container.
Tom Dimig container. 52" tall from the table top.
IMG_9661.jpgIMG_9657.jpgIMG_9664.jpgIMG_9665.jpg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You know I am really impressed with your work and this is no exception. Hinoli are no an easy tree to deal with in many ways, but you are certainly on the right track.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A

johng

Omono
Reaction score
You know I am really impressed with your work and this is no exception. Hinoli are no an easy tree to deal with in many ways, but you are certainly on the right track.
Thank you, sir!

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Good wiring but where did you find such a tall beanpole hinoki? Good to see you posting again, now get the YouTube videos flowing—Larry

Zerobear

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love these tall sparse trees, such a natural representation of many different regions of North America.

stoverock

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I really like it! How difficult to bend are the thicker branches?

AnacortesSteve

Yamadori
Reaction score
Good wiring but where did you find such a tall beanpole hinoki? Good to see you posting again, now get the YouTube videos flowing—Larry
My nursery gives me some, since they don't back bud, if they are too close together as he said, the branches die so literati is probably the only style. I have one now and it's not doing well but some beautiful trunk bark, I will see in spring. They have some 6' trees too I may give a try.

Top Bottom