Tamarindus indica - is it a good idea?

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Today I saw this tamarindus indica (about 1meter heigth) for 35€ (about 40$).

IMG_20220105_100659.jpg

It has some movement in the base of the trunk, and it's healthy. I guess in my climate I can develop this tree outside all year round, and even ground it in my garden.....
I'm not sure if this is a good idea in this price tag.....What should you do? Is it worth?

PD: In Spain on january 6th, we celebrate "Los reyes magos", and everybody gets gifts, so it would be my gift..., on the other hand I have now plenty of trees to start developing (7 waiting to work on them), and maybe it's a bit too much....

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Why would it not be a good idea? I would have one but I am out of room inside. Your outside is inside so to speak. Go for it.

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Why would it not be a good idea? I would have one but I am out of room inside. Your outside is inside so to speak. Go for it.
Yes you`re right. I was doubting betwen this , a Casuarina , and a Tamarix, all of the same size and price. I think the Tamarindus is the best option, though I'll have to wait some years to have something.
Thanks!!!. Sometimes I need to speak up my doubts to finally disolve them,

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
I got some seeds from @Anthony as a gift from the Caribean, and they have sprouted here in Brazil. He has some beautiful tamarind bonsai, so I am growing the seedlings to train them following his advice, they are about the size of that one you are showing here.
Go for it!

Pixar

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Attached my Tamarind forest grown from seed

Attachments

• IMG_1740~photo.jpg
    IMG_1740~photo.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1749~photo.jpg