Team Albizia Julibrissin

deineath

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
how are the seedlings lives going? planted a bunch last month and they don't look good already.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
how are the seedlings lives going? planted a bunch last month and they don't look good already.
You should have waited another month to plant them. It is not easy to keep seedlings of outdoor plants indoors. I am just now started the hardiest of me seeds and many are still on the waiting list. It would be helpful if you post a picture and tell us about you set up, lights and stuff.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I germinated some Albizia in 2020 that seem fine but we won't really know for another month or two. They are one of the latest plants to leaf out on my block.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mine never arrived so I never got to see 😄😄

deineath

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You should have waited another month to plant them. It is not easy to keep seedlings of outdoor plants indoors. I am just now started the hardiest of me seeds and many are still on the waiting list. It would be helpful if you post a picture and tell us about you set up, lights and stuff.
Well, I do bring my BRT and other tropicals inside during winter. Here in NY, temp drops easily to 30-20s and won't go over 70s till late march, early april.
As far as condition, they're place by a window + grow light (12hrs). Temperature is around 68-72. I've been trying to increase the humidity, but nothing really worked so far, and the room's humidity stays around %40-50, which I heard is not enough.
I planted around 20 seeds 2 months ago, only 5 germinated, and 4 survived. One of them seems strong, the other ones are still fairly weak. I'll get a better picture during daytime.

PXL_20220214_044358388.jpg

Top Bottom