Team Albizia Julibrissin

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well I have bad news for mine. A mouse family moved into my basement again and they thought these little seedlings looked pretty tasty. One out of the 6 that were growing may survive. Oh well. s happens.
I am not convinced they are Albizia julibrissin and I was looking forward to watching them grow and find out. The Albizia julibrissin that grow in my yard ( a few are in pots) has much smaller leaflets than these and a red flush. Of course it might be because of the difference outside and inside.
Yours look good.

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Im so sorry about your seedlings! Gosh that’s awful :(

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well I have bad news for mine. A mouse family moved into my basement again and they thought these little seedlings looked pretty tasty. One out of the 6 that were growing may survive. Oh well. s happens.
I am not convinced they are Albizia julibrissin and I was looking forward to watching them grow and find out. The Albizia julibrissin that grow in my yard ( a few are in pots) has much smaller leaflets than these and a red flush. Of course it might be because of the difference outside and inside.
Yours look good.
I was also cursed today when the cat ate my ironwood seedlings 😂😂. Pictures of the carnage on my thread.

Fingers crossed your remaining one survives as it would have been interesting to see what it turned into.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was also cursed today when the cat ate my ironwood seedlings 😂😂. Pictures of the carnage on my thread.

Fingers crossed your remaining one survives as it would have been interesting to see what it turned into.
So I guess you never got your seeds?
My cats would be forgiven anything. They are family. Mice are not.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Some one year old Albizias I wired a couple days ago. They were all 6" to 10" tall after one year of mostly neglect. I intend to keep these ones all very small and wonky. I have another twenty or so I want to grow bigger. A couple will even go in the ground to become trees. I heard a snapping noise with one but the bark/cambium didn't seem to tear so maybe it is fine?

Attachments

• DSC_0025_BURST20210328180213536.JPG
    DSC_0025_BURST20210328180213536.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0287.JPG
    DSC_0287.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0288.JPG
    DSC_0288.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0289.JPG
    DSC_0289.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0290.JPG
    DSC_0290.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0291.JPG
    DSC_0291.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0292.JPG
    DSC_0292.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0293.JPG
    DSC_0293.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 15

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I guess you never got your seeds?
My cats would be forgiven anything. They are family. Mice are not.
Nope never got the Albizia seeds. And wasn’t mad at the cat just the one who left that door open.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All mushrooms=toadstools. All unfit for human eating🤮!
Sounds like my wife. I have to chop these vitamin packets of immune enhancing fungi up very fine and combine them in foods where they are hidden so she will eat them.

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Although he was the seedling that fell out of the pot when my multiplant stand fell over..

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Although he was the seedling that fell out of the pot when my multiplant stand fell over..
growth slows temporarily when the roots are interrupted so the fall probably stalled things as it is now working on resettling it’s feet. Fertilizer should be fine at this stage as the true leaves have come in.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So as my seeds never came and @penumbra is down to “one” thanks to the mice...anyone want to join me on some Jacaranda mimosifolia?
I’ve always been curious about growing those as they are one of the “typical” cliché Bonsai Kit plants. I have no idea if they are actually any good for bonsai as I’ve never seen one aside from on those boxes 😂. The seeds are really cheap though so might be interesting to see what happens.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So as my seeds never came and @penumbra is down to “one” thanks to the mice...anyone want to join me on some Jacaranda mimosifolia?
I’ve always been curious about growing those as they are one of the “typical” cliché Bonsai Kit plants. I have no idea if they are actually any good for bonsai as I’ve never seen one aside from on those boxes 😂. The seeds are really cheap though so might be interesting to see what happens.
It is intriguing but I have my hands full now. Also I am a bit reluctant to house any more tropicals. I just need the space for my studio and I can fire my kiln 10 times for what it casts to power up all my lights for a month.

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Cant fight anymore right now, sadly

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Got a BRT. It’s a little droopy but should be fine

Attachments

• 611CE41F-6017-44E2-848D-66036EF4B028.jpeg
    611CE41F-6017-44E2-848D-66036EF4B028.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 9
  • CE65FF3A-078A-4DC0-BF3C-FA7D316E57AE.jpeg