Telperion Farms Fire Relief Effort

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Most of you are aware of the fires ravaging the West Coast at this time. Sadly, several of our community members have been personally impacted. Chris & Lisa Kirk of Telperion Farms in Lyons Oregon, have lost their home, several nursery buildings, their personal possessions, and who knows how many valuable trees. In addition to the devastation they must be feeling, the fire has impacted their employees as well, some of whom also lost significant property. Chris and Lisa are well-known for their support of the bonsai community, and have always been generous with their time to host visitors and help guests. If you are able, this would be a great time to show them how much they are appreciated, and how the bonsai community can come together to help community members in need.

A GoFundMe fund-raiser has been set up to provide relief funds. You can find it here:

Telperion Farms Fire Relief

Additionally, a separate fund has been set up for Roxie Eslick, foreman of the Farms, who lost everything in the fire. Her home is gone, as well as all of her personal possessions.

Roxie Eslick Fire Relief

This is a tough time for a lot of our members, but if you have the ability to send them something, I am sure it would make a difference. With almost 20,000 members, we should be able to show them some love!

5310CB65-7FDC-4FA8-B509-703E62B513A6.jpeg

Last edited:

ysrgrathe

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I was just there earlier this year, such a shame. Lisa and Chris seemed like such nice folks too, so glad to hear they and their dogs are safe.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
That's the right thing to do.

I admit I won't contibute : I don't know them, and since I don't live in the USA, it wouldn't make any sense.

But I like this kind of initiative : that's not charity (ech...), that's solidarity.

Good move, I hope those around will contribute.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
News: Some good some bad. Chris and Lisa are doing fine but are retiring from nursery business when remaining trees are sold. Which mentions good news for Bonsai some trees survived the fire. Personally have no more info on how selling will be done as all buildings gone. Maybe tent sale😜? Perhaps expect to see info online. Also to add fund raising effort is going well😁. Please if possible keep it coming.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Oh, wow. That’s sad. They’re good people. I bought a tree from them years ago, and I finally got a chance to meet them in person last January at the California Shohin Convention.

Top Bottom