Temperature BBCODE

Cypress187

Masterpiece
USDA Zone
8b
Mr Nut,

The temperature often comes up on the forum, some people use Celsius and others are using Fahrenheit. I always have to get my calculator or google to convert them, is it possible you could take a look at this link, it explains how you could add a new a BB tag to automatically display both measurements, here it is:

https://lawlessguy.wordpress.com/20...splay-temperatures-in-celsius-and-fahrenheit/

Thanks,
Cypress.

I'd love a similar system for tbs, gallons, inches, bushels, oz and all imperial units.. I like helping people, but I dislike having to go the extra mile to understand what's going on.
A tbs/gal, how much is that in grams/L? Literature references, especially scientific, use metric. In general calculations about nutrients, pH, container size, and so on, it's a hurdle to use imperial: only people from 7 or 8 nations in the world know instinctively what you're talking about. All the others need 20 extra minutes converting, which is 5 more than the general worldwide attention span.

Misconversions could cost a tree, that's not a mars-orbiter-like-proportions issue, but still can be prevented. I'm all in favor of localized converters and calculators.

USDA Zone
7b
I use “ConvertPad - Unit Converter” on my android phone. Works really well. I don’t have one on my iPad but I’m sure there is good one out there.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
USDA Zone
8b
I use “ConvertPad - Unit Converter” on my android phone. Works really well. I don’t have one on my iPad but I’m sure there is good one out there.
The BBCODE would do it automaticly, when you post something like [temp=F] 132 [/temp] it would post something like "132F (50C)"

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
USDA Zone
10A
A shit load is 1/2 of a boat load...;)
I believe a shit-load is the volume equivalent of a gazillion units.

@Cypress187 This is a great suggestion. Let me play around with it and see if I can place a button on the menu bar so it is a lot easier than having to type the BBCode. I won't use your code example because it is written in Javascript (which doesn't play well with XenForo) but I use it as a basis for php.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
USDA Zone
8b
I believe a shit-load is the volume equivalent of a gazillion units.

@Cypress187 This is a great suggestion. Let me play around with it and see if I can place a button on the menu bar so it is a lot easier than having to type the BBCode. I won't use your code example because it is written in Javascript (which doesn't play well with XenForo) but I use it as a basis for php.
That's Great man!, Thanks.