Temporary Shade

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Be careful...a little gust of wind and these can damage some of your trees.

i think there are better and cheaper solutions. ;)

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
We have a sturdy 8 foot but I am thinking these would be good for the Shohin and Mame Bonsai. Point well taken though - perhaps I could flange mount a smaller style when needed.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
lattice works good.So does clear poly-carb from lowes or home depot as even the clear poly-carb blocks like 7% of the light.you can just lay the lattice on the poly-carb during summer.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
To help the small bonsai to live healthy in hot dry weather, the microclimate is very important. My way is:
1. Choose the site which is only receiving morning sun = East side of the house.
2. In this site, I use a few broad leaf landscape trees to place the small bonsai or newly transplanted bonsai underneath. I also use few mock orange tree around those tall trees to break the strong wind!
3. I also use automatic misty system with timer in those areas.
Bonhe

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
To help the small bonsai to live healthy in hot dry weather, the microclimate is very important. My way is:
1. Choose the site which is only receiving morning sun = East side of the house.
2. In this site, I use a few broad leaf landscape trees to place the small bonsai or newly transplanted bonsai underneath. I also use few mock orange tree around those tall trees to break the strong wind!
3. I also use automatic misty system with timer in those areas.
Bonhe

I will be more prone to do similar to you because we already have enough plants shelters so a temporary spot or fix is in order. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom