testing photo posting

HankB

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm curious if pictures from Amazon Prime Photos can post here via link:
zaYGFJAuxkgQ0PcQMvZFTBkIquQB75FpqhCiu9ZnI25

No. Used to be easy using Google. Maybe that works.

5aJdy9sZwRDkp2GkrhtoYNhlMtIajx3lFWpbQg2lNBv-Y6hin-KAoTQc3RvV9muzkEnsvEZE5bkRfP-aurT-kFyz6-Xvg0ZknhSCyPt0lR5ksltTGNKyrRL5sTCo8Vtqe0TB0i4aDqZE02hTmKOcFBw4R8U9OT46mtyyxmjxaWHo5ukdI0qCYRinWXBbMFeASNo3mrQWl8QVmCLnVyACvs_A950QPCIwnLOZSZ9O1GmE2awURnrvkBFfzFfFB_vonZyzX_AEmkSGfVlgDL-SPl-yazoMqKOeKC5faWPmD0okIvLPm5wKnuZip059tUk9X05tOABQSYYMl-PSI4Qkes0_SW7p7SIQXCCZkptaNPtO8292I6bRDk8Rf7jQ3-yQIvI5I9x1fLPotwlQ6uh4hqBf-VO-zvXRtPrCULxl38igIPs8mOTPBGah2iWIU1ToyleSUiABzgqbyNUde3rQhoYlupEVrNJdrrkJ0nRkjACgAb-AAelXuS0t_RD_lANgSdrgnJcsYj4DsLMaounvLqj40ufozWpeJUrS9DmzfaeEniYB0AkFCljsk7q7m5cQEAux2EslyfAHstPO1z24CC7cS0uOjD6nx1ok42XQTiUUv_eggyKepQ=w1024-h685-no

Yes. But I have no idea how long it will work.

I hate looking at older posts that still have useful information but some/all images are missing in action.

One forum I use uploads images to avopipd that issue but I'm sure that results in a more expensive operation. Maybe that's what Media Gallery embed is.

Maybe I should just spin up my own cloud server. I'm thinking of doing that to provide a VPN to maintain my privacy both at home and mostly when I'm using public WiFi.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I hate looking at older posts that still have useful information but some/all images are missing in action.

Those posts are the result of people who used external sites to store their photos, and then some time in the last ten years have gone and deleted their photos from those sites (or simply closed their accounts).

If you upload directly into a thread (via a phone, or via drag-and-dropping from your PC desktop) the images will be stored here on the site - indefinitely. Also you can load as many photos as you want into your media gallery here, and link them into threads, or use them however you wish.

We've got plenty of room on the server - 100% SSD storage, RAID 10.

I'm checking into these other bugs. Often it is just a question of software being (temporarily) out of sync.

One forum I use uploads images to avopipd that issue but I'm sure that results in a more expensive operation.

We do this, but people have to use it :) All they have to do is drag and drop images from their PC into their thread - or else do the same with their phones. They can't keep linking to Photobucket images and wondering what the problem is when Photobucket is down (or similar sites).

Last edited:

GailC

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
Yep, I can see it and all the other images except the first one posted by hank. If people want to use a external image host, I suggest tinypic. I've never had issue with them and they are easy to use with plenty of space in a free account.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Yep, I can see it and all the other images except the first one posted by hank. If people want to use a external image host, I suggest tinypic. I've never had issue with them and they are easy to use with plenty of space in a free account.

I posted that photo directly from Amazon Prime... so it definitely isn't anything with Amazon Prime or this site...

I wonder what Hank is using as his hardware?

HankB

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I posted that photo directly from Amazon Prime... so it definitely isn't anything with Amazon Prime or this site...

I wonder what Hank is using as his hardware?
Maybe I just got the link from Amazon the wrong way.

Very cool that drag 'n drop works.

My hardware? I would think that OS (Linux) and browser (Chrome) would matter more. H/W is usually a Lenovo Y50 or an Intel based home built PC.

Thanks!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Every thing I post comes off my hard drive or any one of three portable hard drives, or my desk top.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
My hardware? I would think that OS (Linux) and browser (Chrome) would matter more.

You are correct :) I was thinking in terms of cell phones - I thought you were posting from a phone.

When using Amazon Prime, make sure you open your image, right-click on it, and select the option "copy image path". Then go to the Bonsai Nut thread, open the "paste an image link" option, and just hit paste (or ctrl-V).

Top Bottom