Thank God for the Geek Squad

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Yesterday I opened my Surface up to find an ominous black screen. Hmmm. So I followed the sage advice given by every IT person I've ever dealt with, reboot. No bueno, black screen. I have to admit I started feeling anxious. With everything going on in the world, and spending alot more time stuck in the house, I needed to be connected. I could use my phone, but I find it annoying. My husband has a laptop, but it is big and cumbersome. Since he has been sucked in by the wormhole of Facebook, he's on it all the time anyway. I bought it at BestBuy, so I called the nearest store. They were open for curbside pick-up only. I was directed to the Geek Squad helpline. I was informed they were busier than usual, so the expected wait time would be 15 minutes. No biggy. 45 minutes later, a tech from the call center finally answered. I have had some experience with these call centers, and not always pleasant ones. But I took a deep breath, and explained my problem. She walked me through a few things, and finally there was activity on the screen, progress! Apparently, it needed a system update and after a few minutes voila' I'm back in business. I guess it's a bit pathetic to be that attached to being able to get online, but I'm not going to lie, I was pretty relieved. So thank you Geek Squad lady for maybe saving my sanity and my marriage. ;):D

Top Bottom