Thanks to all who gave me information/photos on how to wire my bonsai into its pot

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Finally after having all my items to repot my Bougainvillea...and getting over the flu...I was up to repotting it this morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 45

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Nice little tree, what kind of soil is it in? Looks pretty organic.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice little tree, what kind of soil is it in? Looks pretty organic.

Thanks...It has a bit of special meaning behind it. So I really hope to have success with it.

A special blend from BGI especially for Bouganvillea. Since they hate wet feet...well draining.

BGI Select ® Quick-Draining Soil is an all-natural mixture of pine bark, Canadian peat, Florida peat, and dolomite. This specially blended soil mixture was created by Bougainvillea Growers International (BGI) – the world’s largest producer of bougainvillea, and is ideal for bougainvillea and other plants requiring excellent drainage. Used exclusively by BGI for all their potted bougainvillea, and also by landscapers in the know. Now you too can care for your bougainvillea like the professionals!

Soil Requirements : Well draining soil. Bougainvillea seem to flower and fruit better when some organic material is added.
http://www.mybonsaibuddy.com/bougainvillea-bonsai-care-sheet.html

Last edited:

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Nice job! I am certain it will do just fine :cool:

Grimmy

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice job! I am certain it will do just fine :cool:

Grimmy

Thanks! I hope so...I now have a lifetime supply of soil. Curious what else would do well in it...since it is a 10 lb bag...or if I could add something to the mix to make it adaptable to other bonsai that I may purchase...

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thanks! I hope so...I now have a lifetime supply of soil. Curious what else would do well in it...since it is a 10 lb bag...or if I could add something to the mix to make it adaptable to other bonsai that I may purchase...

I imagine you will get more of those and even 1 or 2 large ones will use it up. For now just store in a dry place.

Grimmy

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Get more Bougies! Martha Meehan at Meehan's Miniatures does wonders with bougies. Check out their site and see if there isnt something that you cant live without!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Get more Bougies! Martha Meehan at Meehan's Miniatures does wonders with bougies. Check out their site and see if there isnt something that you cant live without!

So the bougies...she mentions larger size pots but no photos. Larger plants or just putting them in bigger pots the ones shown?

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Kinda looks like slim pickins right now. I was there in late July and saw some big ones. She may use them as sources for cuttings. Maybe check back in a couple months. She has a good size greenhouse full of tropicals.

Top Bottom