Thanks VA for your Frustrating Weather

vaibatron

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For the past month it has rain almost every day. Water bill= down , fungal/mite infestations =up.

Like any other year, I was prepared for a higher water bill.

For the past two years it has been unusually dry in central Virginia, and I had not needed to pre treat my trees for fungus or pest bc controlling water was very easy.

Very different this year... I probably should have been more cautious of El Niño, but I wasn't.

Oddly enough, fungus and pests have targeted a few of my strongest treeS..

The war is on, and I will outsmart you Mr. The Niño.

Heavy_Set

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7/8
chris-farley-el-nino.jpg
Having lived in OR 99% of my life, i have noticed that it has been raining for about the last 34 years.....

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Seems like it's been raining here in Va. for the last 34 years ;-). It's rained every day since mid-April, sometimes for days with no let up. We set the record for longest rainy streak on May 10. We've had a lot more since, with only one or two days of partial sun.

This is what the weather has been for the last month:

My fingers are all pruney and I think I'm growing gills...

jomawa

Shohin
Reaction score
Ahhh, the beautiful Pacific Northwest, where it only rains 372 days a year, and yet the two and three month drought during the summer is wreecking havoc for the honeybees because blooming plants dont have the nectar the bees need.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ahhh, the beautiful Pacific Northwest, where it only rains 372 days a year, and yet the two and three month drought during the summer is wreecking havoc for the honeybees because blooming plants dont have the nectar the bees need.

They would do much better if not for neonicotinoid bug killers on plants. Govt and homo depot among others will do nothing to end this:(.

Top Bottom