That Fish Place / That Pet Place

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I am reviewing this vendor because they sell the plastic mesh planters that are so great for small trees / seedlings. I placed two orders with this vendor, and neither was satisfactory.

In the first order, I ordered 50 pots and a koi pond net. They were out of stock on the net, but no one informed me. The balance of the order was fulfilled, but they charged me FULL SHIPPING for the order - the same shipping they quoted originally for the pots (small and light) and the net (long and difficult to ship). I was upset about the shipping charge and the fact that no one contacted me about the incomplete order. As it stands, I have no idea if they are planning to ship me the net, ever, and what they will charge me for it.

Second order was even worse. I ordered 75 pots from them, and because I needed them quickly I paid $19 for 3-day shipping. Order processed normally, and I received a shipping notice that said all pots were on their way. On the third day, I receive a box that feels strangely lightweight. I open the box, and there are only 7 pots in it. Once again, they shipped a partial order with no communication. Additionally, they charged me the FULL $19 shipping charge for what amounted to $7 worth of pots. No mention in the order about what happened to my other 68 pots, if/when they would be shipped, etc.

I had to call and have a lengthy conversation with their customer service people to get them to refund the shipping cost. I also found out that they had only 50 pots on backorder, so they would not have been able to fill my order, regardless.

I do not recommend this vendor. They do not seem to have the ability to check stock in real-time, and will ship partial orders while charging you full shipping costs.

rlist

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Sorry to hear that... Here is my little secret pond basket source, but because I love you all so much I will give it out. It is called Pet Solutions. I have ordered once, and received a confirmation of order, a confirmation of shipment, and a UPS notification of shipment - all within 24 hours. They backordered a small portion of the original order, and that was shipped within a week, with again the notifications. There was a single freight charge, so the backordered items came freight free. I definitely will do business with them again. Oh, and from my quick and informal research I thought their prices were pretty good too...

Here is a link to the basket page: http://www.petsolutions.com/Planting+Baskets-I-96377051-I-C-54-C-.aspx

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Here is my little secret pond basket source

Thank you! Better price than I have seen elsewhere, for sure! I just bought three cases from a hydroponics dealer up in Washington :) I paid more, but at least they had them in stock and can get them to me fast. I will definitely check these guys out.

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Their pond baskets are darn cheap. I was happy with the fairly rapid shipment of twenty pond baskets. Plus they had a small size I can't find locally that I want to try with seedlings.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
As it stands, I have no idea if they are planning to ship me the net, ever, and what they will charge me for it.

UPDATE :) Here it is a MONTH after my order, and today I got an email from them:

Due to an unusually large response, we are temporarily out of stock of the item(s) you ordered. Additional quantities are on order, and we expect them soon. Your order will receive priority upon receipt in the warehouse, and we expect to be able to ship your order within 30 days or sooner. We are very sorry for the delay, and assure you that we are making every effort to speed your order to you. If you cannot wait, we will refund your purchase price. If you wish to cancel, please call us at 1-888-THAT PET, or just e-mail us. We believe the wait will be worth while, but of course the choice is yours.

Item(s): PP0771 Coarse Net with 6 ft. Aluminum Handle - 13 in. x 11 in.

I especially like the (s) in parentheses. I'm sure the bit of code "QTY>1=" must have been beyond their programmers' abilities. I now want to contact them to ask whether the "we expect to be able to ship your order within 30 days or sooner" means from the original order date, or an ADDITIONAL 30 days after the email.

These guys are looking worse with every contact attempt.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
UPDATE :) Here it is a MONTH after my order, and today I got an email from them. These guys are looking worse with every contact attempt.

Yay! Here it is TWO MONTHS after I ordered from them, and I got ANOTHER email :)

We are sorry, but the item(s) you ordered remain out of stock. Additional merchandise is on order with our vendor, and we expect to ship within 60 days. If you cannot wait, please notify us by calling our toll-free number 1-888-THAT PET , or e-mail us. Unless we hear from you within 14 days, we’ll assume you cannot wait, and your order will be cancelled and refund will be sent to you.

I'm waiting to see what happens in 14 days :) I guess koi pond nets are in EXTREMELY short supply.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I guess I will finally put a nail in the coffin of this thread. I have received no additional communication from this company, nor have my pre-paid freight charges been refunded. Based on my experience, I would not recommend them.

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Sorry to hear that Greg, sucks when that happens. For future reference ShadySide will be caring them in late summer, along with Anderson Flats.

Top Bottom