The “PACIFIER TREE”

Random Usr

Chumono
Reaction score
Some of you may have heard of this tree but only a few have actually seen one. It's a strange tree, like no other. The most fascinating thing about it is its fruit. It produces fruit of every imaginable colour and texture. In fact, each year it produces new ones and you never know what colour will adorn its branches and twigs from one year to the next. Yes, it is extremely rare. The truth is that there is only one in the world … and it's right here in town!

Castanea sativa – nappträd 01 .jpg

To celebrate the passing from infancy to childhood we encourage our young (when the time is right!) to say goodbye to the pacifier in this unique way. Mother, father, siblings all take a stroll into Rönneholms Park to this Castanea sativa x Pacifier tree to bid farewell to baby-hood and hang their pacifier on the limbs of this tree. Some are accompanied with notes of “Goodbye” - “Dear Friend” - etc.

Castanea sativa – nappträd 02 .jpg

Castanea sativa – nappträd 03 .jpg

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
A work of art.
Several Pagodas in Viet Nam have Message Trees. Similar, you write your wish on a piece of paper and toss it up into the tree. A tree in Da Lat, I don't have a photo with me right now, was nearly fully covered...paper foliage in full bloom.

Perhaps the funniest tree I saw was the Gum Tree at Cedar Point Amusement Park. Generally, teens, or anyone really, toss their chewing gum at the tree to get it to stick. I would estimate that several hundred thousand gum tosses were successful. I guess it keeps the gum off the pathways.

Random Usr

Chumono
Reaction score
A work of art.
Several Pagodas in Viet Nam have Message Trees. Similar, you write your wish on a piece of paper and toss it up into the tree. A tree in Da Lat, I don't have a photo with me right now, was nearly fully covered...paper foliage in full bloom.

Perhaps the funniest tree I saw was the Gum Tree at Cedar Point Amusement Park. Generally, teens, or anyone really, toss their chewing gum at the tree to get it to stick. I would estimate that several hundred thousand gum tosses were successful. I guess it keeps the gum off the pathways.
I've seen a few of those trees in Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, etc. I wouldn't doubt that it was those in SE Asia that inspired this one here.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There is a tree near me with lots of old pairs of tennis shoes hanging in it. Retarted!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Your not supposed to use pacifiers!

A friend of mine's kid started a Gum Tree down from his school here! Lol

We have one at Six Flags amusement park too!

Sorce

Top Bottom