The Accent (Companion) Plant Thread

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
In the first photo from left to right asplenium platyneuron, unknown weed, and wild violet. And of course all the moss. The second one along with the moss from top down is catmint and asplenium platyneuron.

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What kind of plant is that, Tom? EDIT: Please disregard, I somehow missed the description above the pictures! :rolleyes:

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Fragaria Vesca 'Attila'. An alpine strawberry variety planted in my garden a few years ago that doesn't stop coming back and spreading. I pulled one out a few days ago and potted it up. They bloom and fruit all season. It should fill this pot quickly.
20180506_123132.jpg
20180506_123253.jpg

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
That looks like a different species to what we call 'Thrift' here - what is it? 'Thrift' or 'Sea Thrift' usually refers to Armeria, here in the UK. This is my 'Thrift', Armeria juniperifolia 'Bevan's Variety'.
It’s tag reads: Iberis sempervirens ‘Tahoe’, or Candytuft, Thrift. I don’t know what it is, but it’s evergreen and blooming now, so I grabbed it.

Here’s another accent to keep the spirit of the thread, some type of variegated thyme in a Joshu Shouzan pot.
35F2BC8A-8A53-4E94-B207-D52B6692C7CA.jpeg

Top Bottom