The amazing art of MJ Lai (Mrs. Tokutake)

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Regarding the giant Lizard: Very good choice of glaze layer-parameters for the subject matter... seriously.

I'm not sure how I "feel" about the Godzilla... 😂😂😂😂

..there goes Tokyo.

🤓

That first one, most recently pictured.. reeds/fields and bird..

Spec-TACULAR!

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
The 1st two!! Love these. I can’t imagine I could afford them. But if...they were for sale ......😍

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
I’m putting these two up on Bonsai Auctions (on facebook) tonight if anyone is interested. Giving selling a try to see how they are received. I love how the bunny one came out, hope it finds a new home somewhere with someone who enjoys mame pots. :) I love painting this motif so I will likely paint another for a shop drop in March but of course it will have its own unique look. I will probably post them to fb later in the evening. At the doctor’s office and I’ve been waiting half an hour past my appt time then need to pick up dinner for Nao and Phoebe - at this rate I might post it at 5 sharp 😂. 3FA9E815-A64F-473A-A615-67E7A2A53359.jpeg19C86A3E-48A6-4B19-8516-474055B9DC9A.jpeg

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I’m putting these two up on Bonsai Auctions (on facebook) tonight if anyone is interested. Giving selling a try to see how they are received. I love how the bunny one came out, hope it finds a new home somewhere with someone who enjoys mame pots. :) I love painting this motif so I will likely paint another for a shop drop in March but of course it will have its own unique look. I will probably post them to fb later in the evening. At the doctor’s office and I’ve been waiting half an hour past my appt time then need to pick up dinner for Nao and Phoebe - at this rate I might post it at 5 sharp 😂. View attachment 422313View attachment 422314
Any direct sale opportunities?

Reaction score
Portland, Oregon, United States of America
USDA Zone
9b
I’m putting these two up on Bonsai Auctions (on facebook) tonight if anyone is interested. Giving selling a try to see how they are received. I love how the bunny one came out, hope it finds a new home somewhere with someone who enjoys mame pots. :) I love painting this motif so I will likely paint another for a shop drop in March but of course it will have its own unique look. I will probably post them to fb later in the evening. At the doctor’s office and I’ve been waiting half an hour past my appt time then need to pick up dinner for Nao and Phoebe - at this rate I might post it at 5 sharp 😂.
Those would cause a feeding frenzy at the BSOP club auction! I would love to see your work in person some day.
Being new to working with clay I love seeing all the pots up close, I'm especially interested in peoples different approaches to feet.
Thanks for taking the time to share your art with us here on bnut!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Love the squirrel, wandering rabbit, and trout in particular - looking forward to the store opening / seeing you post on the auctions!

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Those would cause a feeding frenzy at the BSOP club auction! I would love to see your work in person some day.
Being new to working with clay I love seeing all the pots up close, I'm especially interested in peoples different approaches to feet.
Thanks for taking the time to share your art with us here on bnut!
Thanks! I may bring some to a meeting some day.. toddler isn’t eligible for a vaccine just yet, so I wouldn’t feel comfortable bringing her with us. Yes, as a potter I am always turning cups and pots upside down. That’s how you can spot a potter. 😆 If you have any questions feel free to ask. Is that your kitty btw in your profile photo? Looks so much like our Mugi Mao! The kitty in Nao’s profile pic. :)

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Beautiful!!!

I particularly like the ones with a wabbit, a pinch of humour that I appreciate.

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Reaction score
Portland, Oregon, United States of America
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks! I may bring some to a meeting some day.. toddler isn’t eligible for a vaccine just yet, so I wouldn’t feel comfortable bringing her with us. Yes, as a potter I am always turning cups and pots upside down. That’s how you can spot a potter. 😆 If you have any questions feel free to ask. Is that your kitty btw in your profile photo? Looks so much like our Mugi Mao! The kitty in Nao’s profile pic. :)
Yes my kitty, Eggs, possibly some type of ragdoll mix. I noticed the same when I saw Nao's profile pic, so cute, I've been following you guys around the web since his appearance on BonsaiWire pod.

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpeg
    IMG_0561.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 46

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Yes my kitty, Eggs, possibly some type of ragdoll mix. I noticed the same when I saw Nao's profile pic, so cute, I've been following you guys around the web since his appearance on BonsaiWire pod.
Definitely ragdoll mix! Mugi is half persian half ragdoll, a little bit vacant between the ears 😂. Here is a photo of her after she escaped outside, headed straight for the pond, and for some reason thought she could walk on water. I put her in the washer to attempt drying her off with the towels I already had in there. And this was the dead of winter.

She is always fascinated with light reflections.

Attachments

• D64120FB-2120-426A-93A0-E6E3F0DE9011.png
    D64120FB-2120-426A-93A0-E6E3F0DE9011.png
    379.4 KB · Views: 34
  • C7F6F305-558A-4198-871E-3810B9040BC1.png
    C7F6F305-558A-4198-871E-3810B9040BC1.png
    296.4 KB · Views: 47

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Definitely ragdoll mix! Mugi is half persian half ragdoll, a little bit vacant between the ears 😂. Here is a photo of her after she escaped outside, headed straight for the pond, and for some reason thought she could walk on water. I put her in the washer to attempt drying her off with the towels I already had in there. And this was the dead of winter.

She is always fascinated with light reflections.
Wonderful fluffball. Love them all🤗.

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
I will be putting these up tonight to Bonsai Auctions on FB. :) Search for #sometsuke

Attachments

• 8B7EA529-D63B-4C6C-991E-5B8B8FAA25AA.jpeg
    8B7EA529-D63B-4C6C-991E-5B8B8FAA25AA.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 2433ADA1-E0D7-4F8E-BC49-CD52D502E924.jpeg
    2433ADA1-E0D7-4F8E-BC49-CD52D502E924.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom