The Art of Shaping a Bonsai Tree by Ryan Neil

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Ok sure, but man, get a decent pair of shoes for the shoot!
Interesting what takes people's attention. When there is a lot of esoteric value and commentary going on it is peculiar that some of us want to talk of underwear and shoes. Of course Ryan is a professional, of that there can be no doubt. However: I believe he is a professional because of the way he is, the way he thinks and the way he chooses to express himself. Mozart used to take children's songs and turn them into Symphonies.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What I like about Ryan is his attention to detail in everything that he does. His trees are no doubt, stunning works of art. His garden and property is magnificent. His show a couple weekends ago was mind-blowing in every single detail (to really convey this, him and his design team spent a lot of time just deciding on the fonts used in the showbook).

Ryan takes every single aspect and detail of bonsai and the bonsai world very seriously, and that is the reason why when he makes a video like this, it draws the attention of National Geographic. On top of all that he is a really nice guy!

We need more stuff and people like this in our bonsai community.

Reactions: Vin

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
What I like about Ryan is his attention to detail in everything that he does. His trees are no doubt, stunning works of art. His garden and property is magnificent. His show a couple weekends ago was mind-blowing in every single detail (to really convey this, him and his design team spent a lot of time just deciding on the fonts used in the showbook).

Ryan takes every single aspect and detail of bonsai and the bonsai world very seriously, and that is the reason why when he makes a video like this, it draws the attention of National Geographic. On top of all that he is a really nice guy!

We need more stuff and people like this in our bonsai community.
We need more people like him in our world.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Interesting what takes people's attention. When there is a lot of esoteric value and commentary going on it is peculiar that some of us want to talk of underwear and shoes. Of course Ryan is a professional, of that there can be no doubt. However: I believe he is a professional because of the way he is, the way he thinks and the way he chooses to express himself. Mozart used to take children's songs and turn them into Symphonies.
Facetious. Look it up.

Top Bottom