The bonsai community... such a positive influence on my life

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I wanted to share a nice bonsai story...

So we were masked up and driving to Costco, and I was regaling my wife with everything that was going on with the web site. I was talking about all what was happening with members of the site - some of whom I have met in person but some of whom remain online enigmas - and she said "you are so lucky to have such a great community to interact with on a daily basis. I'm not sure how many of my friends I talk to so regularly."

And I thought about it... and I truly am lucky.

So here is simply a thread of thanks to all the members of this site. You are all amazing. I hope you weather 2020 and spring into 2021 with momentum. And I hope that this site participates, in a small modest way, to your future success :)

- Greg

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Over the years I have learned more from this forum than a 4 year biology degree taught me. Really. So, it is quite safe to say this website has been invaluable and I owe a great debt to those who contribute knowledge and, of course, you for keeping it running bnut (greg). I have not officially met anyone from the forum in person, although I've seen a few faces at the NC winter silhouette show. Hoping that changes in 2021 🙂

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks for the reminder, Greg. I feel the same. Although I've never met you, I consider you and a whole lot of the members on here friends. Thank you so much for starting and maintaining this forum. I've gotten a lot of joy out of it through the years.

Cory

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And I thought about it... and I truly am lucky.
You are not the luckiest....we are!
You started with a stick in a pot idea and feed it, chopped it, wired it, chopped it again and let it grow out to include all of us!
You created a world wide community. What an amazing accomplishment!

Thanks for letting me tag along these past few years. I've learned a lot. Met some great people on line and even in person.

Have a Merry Christmas @Bonsai Nut

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
This site has been a daily fixture for me for over a decade and I personally am a much richer person for it in many ways. Along with all things bonsai, the friendships that have been born from my participation here will shape the rest of my life... and that's kinda cool :cool: . Anyways, @bonsainut, when we finally meet in person at the next Silhouette Show in Kannapolis, @Adair M will buy the first round;).

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I joined the forum when I was going through some crappy stuff and it was kind of a haven away from all that. I have learned so much, made a few friends and am so thankful for you @Bonsai Nut for starting this crazy, wonderful, sometimes dysfunctional family.

Top Bottom