The bonsai community... such a positive influence on my life

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks Greg!!! Now that we are neighbors, if you ever want to visit the garden I would love to have you!

Grovic

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I appreciate the effort you put into the site and support for this community. I've learned a lot since I joined and there's so much useful info here, I think this is the website I visit the most every day.

Moridin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thank you BN for this site. I have only been here for a short time but I have been learning so much and the community you have built has been very welcoming.

Happy and Safe Holidays to you all.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Plus, who needs FB when they have Bonsainut?? 😄

I'm on FB like two or three times a year. I'm on BNut so much my wife is complaining about how it interferes with her FB habit.

We should have a Bonsai nut member meet up - or a yearly show. That would be sick.

BNutCon '21? I would so do this!

Also, apparently @Bonsai Nut's real name is Greg. Cool. Learn something new every day.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I'm on FB like two or three times a year. I'm on BNut so much my wife is complaining about how it interferes with her FB habit.

Also, apparently @Bonsai Nut's real name is Greg. Cool. Learn something new every day.
Next your gonna tell me YOUR name isn’t Shady!

;)

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B

Yeah special critiques from Bjorn , Neil and Walter Pall lol

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Hi Greg, and the others.

Lockdown here, all my friends are about my age, in their 60s, and most of them still have a mother, a father, elder sisters or brothers, some of them living hundreds of kilometres away. Most of the friends that live nearby are either "people at risk" because of their age (and they have a mother, a father, etc.) or in the workplace where every day one colleague or one pu^pil (most of them are teachers) are "Covid-positive".

It's about OK for those who like me can send messages or discuss online, or even use the phone to talk for one hour with their kids, ora friend. It's more difficult to keep in touch with the family : "fortunately", my 90-yr-old mother (the only one in my family that still lives not far from me, 20 km) had a heart problem, so I took her to the emergencies. Nothing serious. Went back today for further exams, will go tomorrow morning to take the "holster" and bring it to the clinic.

I can't go up to her flat and cook for her, she can't come to my house, but she's all right. Tough regulations, but they're for everyone's good. She's not afraid to die : but she doesn't want to contaminate others. She wears a mask, washes her hands, keeps "social distance". She's alive and well, and so are her friends. It's tough, but like her, people in her old people's home are not stupid. They don't swallow bleach, wear a mask, take care of the others. She doesn't have to support any crook in an election, and she never missed an election. She left school at 14, in 1944, that doesn't mean she's stupid.

Love the ones you're with : there are some that I wish I would like to see more often, but here we are, we must be careful (I had never been so far - no comment !). I used to "hate family", a kind of "show off" stance, teenage "anarchist" illusion.

Now, I savour the hour I spend with my "family".

"BNut" and the like are for me, the rest is for the ones I love, but exchanging on what branch should be removed or bent is also a way to stay alive....

6936659ff9b7d35afe7603773836ccc4.jpg

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
This place brings a wealth of knowledge into one place. Every question I have asked has been answered by experienced people with the good intentions of helping an absolute stranger. The people here are really cool and that's why I keep coming back. Thanks for creating this place! I'm glad I found it!

Hoyonokuma

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The day you decided to put up a Forum, it was a really bright one, @Bonsai Nut.
I've been here for only a handful of months now, but I can't wait to login every day and see what's new to learn and what beautiful new things are there to see.

And I'm gonna add some more.
4 years ago I've moved to Germany amd finally moved out with my gf after a fea years of distance relationship.
Story made short and simple, the transition didn't go quite as nice as expected. The bonsai world has found a way between the stress of my routine and the frustration coming with the big change, allowing me to find some peace and moderation.
It's not an overstatement if I say that this hobby (in general) and communities such this forum and youtube (in particular) gave me a BIG break, and probably saved a relationship.

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Warmest place on the www, I also don’t use social media. All my internet friends live here. I sneak on fb once a week to use the auction site haha

Flowerhouse

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This forum is my only online contact with humans.
I broke up with FB in mid-March this year. It was the most effective and immediate way to address my cortisol levels. My stress was not related to Covid-19, though that turned my final 3 months as a teacher into a "virtual" experience. Rather, it was because of this:
I-80 closes here many times every winter and we plan for it. But some of the shit that went down here as a result of this particular event about pushed me over the edge.
So, yeah, the serenity and relative sanity of you bonsai peeps is much appreciated.

Top Bottom