Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bonsai, coming from the new world will be different,
says Anthony, drinking from his teacup with handle, even though
the tea is white.
And munching a green bean biscuit.

Lunch will feature cassava, chicken and many vegetables in cream of mushroom
soup, and a little stinky cheese added in.

Butter-stick Cassava - Trinidad [ starch and fibre ]
Chicken - Universal [ protein ]
Vegetables - Chinese [ minerals and some vitamins ]
Cream of mushroom - French [ out of a tin - American ] [ protein/ starch / minerals ]
Stinky Cheese - Italian [ protein / minerals ]

Planet Earth = Trees
Good Day
Anthony

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Huh? WTF, dude. I'm a Southerner, I own guns, I drive a pick up, I have pit bulls, you can take that shit and shove it up your Yankee ass...
OK so maybe I exagerated a little but you are basically also a Yankee next to DC...
I'm a Detroiter with Guns, SUV, couple of Parakeets, You should not let your Language (post's) Define you... aren't you above that Crap....????

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Our first Exhibition in Bonsai pots - 1993
Japanese folk tried to buy the trees - calling no names.
What does that say?
Good Day
Anthony

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Bonsai, coming from the new world will be different,
says Anthony, drinking from his teacup with handle, even though
the tea is white.
And munching a green bean biscuit.

Lunch will feature cassava, chicken and many vegetables in cream of mushroom
soup, and a little stinky cheese added in.

Butter-stick Cassava - Trinidad [ starch and fibre ]
Chicken - Universal [ protein ]
Vegetables - Chinese [ minerals and some vitamins ]
Cream of mushroom - French [ out of a tin - American ] [ protein/ starch / minerals ]
Stinky Cheese - Italian [ protein / minerals ]

Planet Earth = Trees
Good Day
Anthony

Anthony, I envy you & your Life Style & what a great Lunch....

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bolero,

the most you will find -online - is Mr. Yip Young, winning I believe the Ben Oki
award, a year or two, later. Trinidad Bonsai society's 1st President.
Bonsai, grown by the Chinese immigrants since the 1800's is treated
as just a hobby.

Hence my wondering about all this fuss.
Good Day
Anthony

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Your quoting Out of Context speaks volumes.... you are also probably a Left Wing Liberal Democrat stuck to MSNBC....
You have not pissed off everyone yet Bolero. You should try religion. I am certainly a liberal though not a democrat. I do have a pickup and I own guns and I am a traditional archer and I love martial arts. I am also a pacifist, a draft dodging protester and I loved Woodstock. I assume MSNBC is a television thing? I haven't had television in over 20 years. I guess much of what you say is lost on me. But I have to say that you are ruining this site for me and I can't remember ever doing anything to you. Still, even though I am inclined toward passivity, I would love to meet you face to face. Maybe we could have a cup of herbal tea ... or maybe not.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Bolero,

the most you will find -online - is Mr. Yip Young, winning I believe the Ben Oki
as just a hobby.

Good Day
Anthony

Thanks for the Clarification Anthony, good to know...
Just a Hobby, I love it....
Why all the fuss ???

My OP is just a Question that to me needed answering...
Anything I post seems to be Bait for all the Wannabees & Clowns but there are several Real Bonsai Guys that i respect and Admire...
I have several new Questions that will pique the interest of BNutters here but I'm holding off for now...

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
OK so maybe I exagerated a little but you are basically also a Yankee next to DC...
I'm a Detroiter with Guns, SUV, couple of Parakeets, You should not let your Language (post's) Define you... aren't you above that Crap....????
Nope, just like you're not above being a dipshit with parakeets and a .22. I'll let my language define me thanks.

I'm hardly a Yankee. Yankees have parakeets, .22s and (snark)...SUVs...I bet its a Range Rover...or a RAV 4...

Last edited:

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Here is what I said no more no less ...
I have Entered and been judged with several of my Penjing and classed in the Top 10% among hundreds of Entrys, i am not in the habit of justifying my work however for your benefit I make this exception and BTW David ranked me 1st in his 2 day class...FWIW
Hmm...

The largest show in the US is the Nationals held in Rochester every other year. It has about 300 trees. The large regional shows I have attended have about 75 trees.

I’m not aware of any other shows that would have more than 75. Most club shows have about 50.

Now, about that “top 10%” designation. How did you figure that? Did you get an “Honorable Mention”, or a “People’s Choice” award? People’s Choice may or may not signify quality depending upon the people judging. “Honarable Mention” ribbons are often awarded to beginners “for trying”.

The thing is, your vague claims of awards with no documentation, nor pictures, are meaningless. It has as much credibility as the old childhood fight: “my daddy can beat up your daddy!”

Come on. If you won awards, tell us. When, where, what award, who was the judge? Pictures.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hmm...

The largest show in the US is the Nationals held in Rochester every other year. It has about 300 trees. The large regional shows I have attended have about 75 trees.

I’m not aware of any other shows that would have more than 75. Most club shows have about 50.

Now, about that “top 10%” designation. How did you figure that? Did you get an “Honorable Mention”, or a “People’s Choice” award? People’s Choice may or may not signify quality depending upon the people judging. “Honarable Mention” ribbons are often awarded to beginners “for trying”.

The thing is, your vague claims of awards with no documentation, nor pictures, are meaningless. It has as much credibility as the old childhood fight: “my daddy can beat up your daddy!”

Come on. If you won awards, tell us. When, where, what award, who was the judge? Pictures.
Also might be worth asking how many adults were in the class. Winning first place among a bunch of elementary schoolers on their first bonsai outing isn't all that...just sayin. Put some pics where your mouth is B

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
You have not pissed off everyone yet Bolero. You should try religion. I am certainly a liberal though not a democrat. I do have a pickup and I own guns and I am a traditional archer and I love martial arts. I am also a pacifist, a draft dodging protester and I loved Woodstock. I assume MSNBC is a television thing? I haven't had television in over 20 years. I guess much of what you say is lost on me. But I have to say that you are ruining this site for me and I can't remember ever doing anything to you. Still, even though I am inclined toward passivity, I would love to meet you face to face. Maybe we could have a cup of herbal tea ... or maybe n

Penumbra what a great post, we have a lot in common it seems...
Would love to have Iced Tea with you...
I shot 50yd 22LR Professional ARA Benchrest for years but recently gave it up for my Medical Issues, however I still shoot some CF and a lot of AirGun 10Meter Pistol in my Garage & Basement...
Did Archery both Long Bow and Recurve in my younger days...
No Martial arts but enjoy Cage fighting on TV...
I am former USAF & saw the Canadian migration, from USA, for Draft Dodgers of the day...
I saw Woodstock as a Misguided Hippy thing....
I wont do Religion being an Atheist, nowhere to go with it....
I consider myself Politically Independent & Sad to see the Dem. party going so far Left...
Sorry to hear i am ruining the Site for you, just clik on by my Post's...
I'm in Michigan near Detroit where are you???

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Bolero,

as just a hobby.

Good Day
Anthony

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You have not pissed off everyone yet Bolero. You should try religion. I am certainly a liberal though not a democrat. I do have a pickup and I own guns and I am a traditional archer and I love martial arts. I am also a pacifist, a draft dodging protester and I loved Woodstock. I assume MSNBC is a television thing? I haven't had television in over 20 years. I guess much of what you say is lost on me. But I have to say that you are ruining this site for me and I can't remember ever doing anything to you. Still, even though I am inclined toward passivity, I would love to meet you face to face. Maybe we could have a cup of herbal tea ... or maybe not.
A lib in Front RYAll? You must have MANY MANY guns...;-) BTW, fellow 'instinctive shooter" archer...Still have my first Fred Bear Kodiak Magnum.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score

Thanks for the Clarification Anthony, good to know...
Just a Hobby, I love it....
Why all the fuss ???

My OP is just a Question that to me needed answering...
Anything I post seems to be Bait for all the Wannabees & Clowns but there are several Real Bonsai Guys that i respect and Admire...
I have several new Questions that will pique the interest of BNutters here but I'm holding off for now...

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
A lib in Front RYAll? You must have MANY MANY guns...;-) BTW, fellow 'instinctive shooter" archer...Still have my first Fred Bear Kodiak Magnum.

OMG... I used to visit The Fred Bear Museum Store in Grayling, MI when a Young Man...

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah Front Royal is pretty much a shooting range. Not many trad archers though. I am on Archery Talk and Trad Archery every day. Down to about 30 bows now, mostly longbows. Shoot nearly every day. Hope to meet up with you someday at some bonsai event. I could disagree with you so much but I really respect your bonsai wisdom.

Top Bottom