The Bonsai Master Myth...

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I have Entered and been judged with several of my Penjing and classed in the Top 10% among hundreds of Entrys, i am not in the habit of justifying my work however for your benefit I make this exception and BTW David ranked me 1st in his 2 day class...FWIW
Ah yes... your successes are legendary here at B'nut!!!:p:rolleyes::p

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah Front Royal is pretty much a shooting range. Not many trad archers though. I am on Archery Talk and Trad Archery every day. Down to about 30 bows now, mostly longbows. Shoot nearly every day. Hope to meet up with you someday at some bonsai event. I could disagree with you so much but I really respect your bonsai wisdom.
I'm from mid-valley-- Augusta county. used to hunt over in Highland and West Augusta when I was a kid. Only used two bows, that magnum and a 50 lb Grizzly. Made my own arrows. Haven't shot in years though.

Penjing-Darren

Sapling
Reaction score
As a total amateur i do Penjing My profile pic is one of my trees still in development.... @Bolero can i see some of your trees? Not being an ass or trying to i just want to see other Penjing artist.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bamboo hedge, fly fishing technology for making rods. good fibre and cactus
target.
Great memories of archery, young teenager adventures.
Slings from vines, and casting aluminium to make knives.

Got a piece of titanium ------------- sword on the way.
Ain't life great.
Good Day
Anthony

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hardly. Leonardo daVinci was well known and revered. As was Rembrandt. Monet and Manet were well known, as rebels!

Maybe you’re thinking about Vincent Van Gogh. You’re right about him.
When standing in front of a Monet painting for the first time I found myself crying from its beauty. The way he uses lighting is magnificent. Words could not describe the emotions that I felt.
I was a little embarrassed but something tells me I’m not the first person to do that.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It's a moot point. This is all cultural appropriation.

Go find something else to do. All of you.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When standing in front of a Monet painting for the first time I found myself crying from its beauty. The way he uses lighting is magnificent. Words could not describe the emotions that I felt.
I was a little embarrassed but something tells me I’m not the first person to do that.
I felt the same way when my nose was inches away from various masters paintings. And yes, always Monet.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think Bolero classified these as Bonsai Look Alike done by Bonsai Master Look Alike. Of course the rest of us think like you do @BunjeaKorea
I can't tell you how much more I am enjoying this site since I put bolero on ignore. Its awesome. Don't know why it took me so long.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think Bolero classified these as Bonsai Look Alike done by Bonsai Master Look Alike. Of course the rest of us think like you do @BunjeaKorea
I'm 6'4 so it's a little hard to be an Asian look alike...... though some people say if they don't look at my face I seem Korean. hahahahah

FedericoMelis

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's a Hinoki. I can't quite remember but I think it was originally a Japanese import
I guessed right then! Your is one of the best (for my taste) I've seen so far, really beautiful
I hope they can grow in my area, I will try some little ones : )

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I'm 6'4 so it's a little hard to be an Asian look alike...... though some people say if they don't look at my face I seem Korean. hahahahah
Always admire people that speak more than one language. You seem to do pretty good with your Korean. Neah?

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I guessed right then! Your is one of the best (for my taste) I've seen so far, really beautiful
I hope they can grow in my area, I will try some little ones : )
Winter in Sardinia may be too warm but if you live on a mountain it could be alright.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If I were to put all on ignore that have failed to show a really good bonsai on this site, I would only have about a dozen people to converse with. If your not posting some nice trees your just using up bandwidth.....sorry, that's the way I feel.

Top Bottom