The cooking thread

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
January 1. Packer's game in Detroit at 5:20 PST. What could be a more perfect scenario for chili and friends! (With the possible exception of a Bear's game, but we won't go there)

Mmmmmm.... 2 1/2 lbs of prime tri-tip, cubed...

chili1.jpg

1 lb pork sausage (hot) with 1.25 lbs Italian sausage (deskinned) hot

chili2.jpg

The "BonsaiNut" chili stock... 2 hours of chopping veggies and drinking Spaten Oktoberfest...

chili3.jpg

Oh wait... was I supposed to take an "after" photo? The one with the shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and sourdough bread?

Last edited:

Random User

Reaction score
I've taken to cook with a White Habanero and Ghost Pepper mix that I grow myself. The problem with it, is that I can't share my food with others unless they are a chilli-head... would make a Polar Bear sweat in an Arctic Circle blizzard.

Sunwyrm

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I find this hilarious since I did take a picture of my New Years bird. Got a new oven for Christmas and had to try it out a little late. Leftovers for days...
Even stuffed a whole tree in there for flavor!
qaAv1_ZqloHxKQDfbeTLivG_Xpyb1puf9vCB-AoQwSxJFp9ehNQxWx9aWu3heOkwS7y2phghDfI=w1183-h666-no

Random User

Reaction score
I've always found it humorous how we tuck their ankles in... almost as if we're afraid that they might get cold in a 350F oven.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This very manly beef tenderloin.. heh. Not to be cocky, but it was amazing. :p
View attachment 127995

blog_Awkward_face.gif

Looks like that old toy, you know....Shrinky-Dink.....o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Frankly, it's a bit disquieting to look at......Granny wonders why everybody laughs when she went back for "seconds"......

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had no games here but I did two flatty chickens in my new Weber I got for Christmas. One barbeque and one lemon pepper spiced. Man this weber is the best one I ever had (and I had a few). Did the two chics in 30 min flat. Only checked them once, when I flipped them. Perfectly browned outside and succulent inside....:)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have a chicken timer in my kitchen.

I have tried for a while to get a cute timer like that for my wife. Problem is, they now make them sooooo cheap that they aren't at all dependable. Last one I ordered was a tomato-shaped one, and it was DOA - didn't even work fresh out of the box. It was so cheap it wasn't worth going through the hassle of returning; sadly it went straight to the landfill. A waste on so many levels that it made me sad - and made me not want to try my luck at ordering another one just to have it break on me after light use.

What ever happened to the kitchen timers of my grandmother's day - which were still working after 30 years of daily use?

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
What ever happened to the kitchen timers of my grandmother's day - which were still working after 30 years of daily use?

They have been replaced by the timers on your stove, ovens, and microwave ;)

Grimmy

Top Bottom