The cooking thread

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
3 odd hours of cooking and just out of a wrap I'm pretty happy with my first go at baby back ribs. Melts in your mouth, going to do this more often.

View attachment 335012
Looks good! I have plans to smoke some ribs and sausage this weekend before it gets too cold.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Looks good! I have plans to smoke some ribs and sausage this weekend before it gets too cold.
Cheers, luckily I can pretty much cook out year round depending on the wind but recently I'm cooking lots out.

Last night was a reverse sear steak with some oak smoke, served with a board dressing from an earlier post and packet Mac n cheese. The steak was well worth it.

IMG_20201017_210615146.jpgIMG_20201017_211300958.jpg

Going to brine some chicken legs today and see what I can come up with tonight.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hopefully not too spicy. You might end up "poppin' corn" during your morning "constitutional"..... :D :D :D :D :D 🤔

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Chili..

Corn, pintobeans, chili beans, nurnberger sausages, onion, garlic, paprica, spicy chilis, Coriander, curry, Cumin. Simmer for an hour.
Ok, I was thinking stew of some sort. I'm sure the sausages there are first rate. My Grandpa and dad were butchers and made their own sausage, so I was spoiled.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
On Monday we are in lock-down again. So tonight no cooking our kitchen but..

View attachment 337061
No indoor eating again here as of yesterday. We never even got a chance to eat at a restaurant in the short time it was allowed. We do get carry-out once a week from one of the local restaurants. I cook all week, Sundays I let someone else take care of it.

Top Bottom