The end of net nuetrality?

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
What are your thoughts on this? A little scary to think that companies will have even more opportunity to censor us and only show us content it will benefit from. Imagine a purely left of right internet service provider showing you something they are sure will cause panic and sway you to continue voting for the gov reps they own. So get ready to pay for your premium internet packages per month, just like cable tv.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Millennials seem to want to kill themselves en masse.

Other than that, don’t know much.

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Unelected bureaucrats erasing something that was written into regulations two years ago by unelected bureaucrats can be pretty scary.

Facebook has been censoring your news feeds and posts for years. Google chooses what they want you to see first, or last, in searches. Don't forget they sell every tidbit of information they know about you to anyone with money.

Will ISP/providers make some dick moves? Probably, they are dicks with or a without the latest net neutrality rules. It just means we as consumers need to watch them and make noise when they get out of line. Will the sky fall and MSNBCrazy get blocked, I think not.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
How much worse was it 2 years ago?

It's going back to that.....

Net Neutrality has been in effect for only 2 years.
Why do you think it was put in place? Im sure there was a reason. Someone noticed that some companies were taking advantage. Or lets just roll the dice and see if the big isp companies dont do all they can to ensure they stifle any opposition. Control every facet of it. I own everything on this internet and im going to show you what i want you to see, make you believe what i want you to believe. The people on my payroll will be in control of the gov. Not only can i show you what i want, make you feel the emotion i want, but also control the way you react. Lets narrow down the options on how much power you have too. No you cant vote for that, but you can vote for this.

Who even decides whats on the ballots to vote for anyway? The crooked politicians taking earmarks from all the big companies to make sure what they want gets put on the ballot.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
How much worse was it 2 years ago?

It's going back to that.....

Net Neutrality has been in effect for only 2 years.

Thank you! Finally, another person that realizes that this only eliminates Obama's favoritism of companies like Amazon, Google, and Facebook.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Unelected bureaucrats erasing something that was written into regulations two years ago by unelected bureaucrats can be pretty scary.

Facebook has been censoring your news feeds and posts for years. Google chooses what they want you to see first, or last, in searches. Don't forget they sell every tidbit of information they know about you to anyone with money.

Will ISP/providers make some dick moves? Probably, they are dicks with or a without the latest net neutrality rules. It just means we as consumers need to watch them and make noise when they get out of line. Will the sky fall and MSNBCrazy get blocked, I think not.
All the more reason for regulations. Thats how they get us though. Lets just give them something they can live with for now. Then slowly we will keep changing things to our benefit and the people will not notice until its too late.

The media in our country has a scary amount of power. Isnt it crazy to think that they can control our emotions? They know that this bit of news will make everyone cringe and certainly noone will supoort this person after that. Then that emotion will make you prone to behave in a certain way which they are anticipating, a way that somehow benefits them. Who is them?

I think the media companies are playing some serious pschological games with us.
Just look at north korea and their people. An extreme form of manipulation but not so far from what they are doing to us. Like you said Facebook publishing specific news etc etc

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
All im saying is the media/marketing is manipulating us in a major way. I dont think giving them carte blanche on one of the largest and most popular social platforms is a good idea.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Other news, did you see that fox news was bought by disney? Haha. The dems are like shit we can just buy their company and then they have no way to reach their audience. Hahahaha b*****s

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The crooked politicians taking earmarks from all the big companies to make sure what they want gets put on the ballot.

I'm with you there. I am a firm believer the pitchforks and torches can solve almost anything

Just be glad the country is not run by communists. If it were we would be having this conversation in the gulag.

I think the media companies are playing some serious psychological games with us.

Indeed they are and to the detriment of all. We just have to keep fighting to learn the truth and make sure it spreads.

At the end of the day we can hate the politicians and the truly bad corporate types. We must never hate our fellow citizens, especially if they disagree with us. That's when the really bad shit starts to happen.

All are welcome to share a beer with me anytime!

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I grew up without them innernets, so I’m kinda ok if it literally assplodes. It would be kinda refreshing in some ways. Almost like a monkey off my back.

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Other news, did you see that fox news was bought by disney? Haha. The dems are like shit we can just buy their company and then they have no way to reach their audience. Hahahaha b*****s

Does not include the channels that are defending libel suits saying that they have a First Amendment right to tell lies as they are an opinion provider not a news provider.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Just like the fact (that you may or may not know) Nestlé is the worlds largest producer of bottled water. This bottled water is 100% from municipal sources and is given to them free. Then they turn around and sell it to you.

Now Google/FB/Amazon use HUGE amounts of the finite internet backbone and they don't pay any kind of a premium for hogging it and slowing it down. Why should they get the same rates as you when you buy an unlimited data package from your ISP? Well, Net Neutrality guarantees the big boys endless seas of free money courtesy of Mr. Barry O.

Top Bottom