The first 3d bonsai!!!!

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
I haven't posted in a while but just wanted to share the first 3D bonsai on the internet :)

Here's how to look at this image

1. Position yourself about 4 feet from the screen

2. Cross your eyes until the two images come together and form a third image in the center of the screen

3. Focus your eyes to clear up the image and VOILA!!! The first 3D bonsai on the internet

Doesn't it look a ton better in 3D???

3dbonsai2.jpg

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
if people like these I'll post more. If you're having trouble seeing the tree in 3D then that's too bad

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Thats pretty kool, post some more !!!

Harry

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
hmmm noone else is responding...I guess they're not able to see it.

Here are other pictures for you Harry.

IMG_6864.jpg

IMG_6853.jpg

IMG_6849.jpg

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
That's fun, thanks for the effort.

Harry

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
I would argue that bonsai should be shown this way on the internet since they are three dimensional objects and a lot is lost on a flat picture.

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
That is cool....

I remember about 18 years ago there were those posters in every mall and in lots of places. They didn't really look like much looking at them normal but when you stared and got in the zone it would be a very cool 3d picture of something really cool. Those posters were very cool.... I should try to find a few.... :)

Jason

reddog

Mame
Reaction score
All I got was a headache! Maybe I'll try after a couple of beers.

nsmar4211

Sapling
Reaction score
Those posters were called Magic Eye posters, they do still sell them.
I've been able to see like maybe 4 pictures out of all the times I tried :(. First one I saw freaked me out-walked by one at a fair and all of a sudden what was a picture of colored squares had a horse and a girl jumping out of it! I turned around and it went back to being colored squares.....try as I might, couldn't see it again :(.

I can't do the three D thing with these either, althought even doubled they are good pics :).

As it turns out, it's because of the way my eyes are (I asked an eye doctor). I've got one 20/20 eye and one 20/400 eye (which corrects to 20/20 with glasses). Because of this, stereo pics are really hard! Also means 3D movies give me one heck of a headache....and it means my sense of depth is whacked (trust me, I have the bruises to prove it). So if anyone has different visual acuity in their eyes and can't do these cool 3D things, it's really not you-it's your eyes!

But I appreciate the effort and still enjoy looking at the 2D pics.....post away :)

mossbear

Seed
Reaction score
Fun!

These are great! But now my eyes hurt...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice optical illusion, but it is not 3D, just an illusion of 3D. As it is based on only two two-dimensional pictures, which when viewed at a distance that forces or left and right eye to try and make sense of two images viewed separtely, it gives an illusion of depth, but no real 3D detail.

But it is fun!

Will

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
Gee Will, thanks for the information, I guess I really thought these were in 3D on my computer screen :)

Next time i'll put the same with time progression and that way I'll have a fake 4D image, how about that?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I believe that would be called a 3D bonsai video!

That would be something. ;)

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hey B.Monk,,,
I got an idea,,,, How about you let the people take a good long look at the pictures,,, then when they're not expecting it, you WHACK them with an evergreen branch?
You could call it "Bonsai in Surround!" LOL!:p
What ya think? LOL!:p
KJ

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes! And you could spray them with PineSol at the same time,....man talk about realism!

Will

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Hey "The Steve" are you in the same tax bracket as "The Donald".........;)

Harry

TheSteve

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
why lower myself to his bracket? :eek:

Top Bottom