The Five Year "Native Tree, Native Pot" Challenge!

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Great.. I'm totally in.. I dont have any previously worked on trees and most texas natives that all found locally :)

This is perfect for me.. I'm a bonsai noob. This gives me 5 yrs to learn and present something later
That's the idea. Noob status not required, but perfect for us, and it gives incentive for experienced artists to push the edges of their comfort zones in entertaining ways.

Mt Goat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I will join. I have no idea what I will use.

My entry will be in the Noob Division. Possibly even the Super-Noob Division, depending on how things go.

The title of “seed” under my name is generous. BN didn’t have “spec of perlite”?

Mt Goat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
no, not like “superior to the other noobs” (then I would wear the cape obviously). super noob, as in “more noob like then regular noobs.” They tease me.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Sooo a cape.. but worn backwards.

And don’t let them tease you.. as Jelle said, “..unacceptable.“ send them MY way.. 🤣🤣

Reaction score
Stuck at home in another boring lockdown collecting is a bit out of the question but I have a few bits of unworked native material sitting around in the garden. Great opportunity to start moving a few on. Will make some choices and start posts ASAP

Bu-Jetjet

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Hello everyone, I just created my account and if it's not too late, I'd like to join the contest.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hello everyone, I just created my account and if it's not too late, I'd like to join the contest.
Greetings, Traveller! The Woody Dwarves extend a preparation of Echinopsis tea, and assure you that it is not too late. Tardy is preferred to absent, here, in the Tiny Forest.

You have stumbled across a vast reaching communal Bazaar.. filled with knowledge and shared experience. Take what you need... share what you can.

You should take a moment and update your profile to reflect a general location or climate zone... (It can be vague, mine just says, “NorthEastern Wisconsin) Advice would/will differ greatly based on your coordinates.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

🤓

Bu-Jetjet

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Greetings, Traveller! The Woody Dwarves extend a preparation of Echinopsis tea, and assure you that it is not too late. Tardy is preferred to absent, here, in the Tiny Forest.

You have stumbled across a vast reaching communal Bazaar.. filled with knowledge and shared experience. Take what you need... share what you can.

You should take a moment and update your profile to reflect a general location or climate zone... (It can be vague, mine just says, “NorthEastern Wisconsin) Advice would/will differ greatly based on your coordinates.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

🤓
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I updated my profile and included my general location and USDA zone.

Top Bottom